+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's wrong here?

get out there and find yourself a good girl friend and a real one you moron

Get "pwned" how?

I wasn't here trying to bash her, I had questions on what other people thought about the situation.

1. If age was an issue to her, maybe she should have told me. Which she told me wasn't an issue to her, as I told her the same.
    2. I told her I could be with her, my agoraphobia isn't that severe.
    3. I waited for things to get back to "normal", and if she didn't want to give me a chance because of money; again, maybe she should have told me.
    4. She just recently started chemo, how it could be a factor to the questions I was asking is beyond me.

Well the truth doesn't make any sense, and surely doesn't seem right, and she continued to tell me she loves me and wants to be with me. There's nothing I can do to force or even try to force her to be with me... unless asking and not giving up is trying to force her? Maybe I am a little bit obsessed with the love I feel for her, but it's more pain of my broken heart... and how is it unhealthy?.. I'm not so obsessed or creepy as guys can be. I know she believes that, although, I did once lose control and try to find her number to call her when we broke up, which I know was a mistake, untrustful, and I won't lie about. I just wanted the chance for it to be real.

Until this week, she told me she still wanted to be with me, that she still loved me, as if to lead me on... whether that was her intention or not, it's how I felt.

Edit: Also, I never said I wasn't trying to move on, I am... but I don't know how to, feel like I can't, and don't even want to move on, but I am trying to.
    Last edited by Brad2007; 01-05-09 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hohol View Post
    get out there and find yourself a good girl friend and a real one you moron
    Is it necessary to resort to name-calling?.. and people are still real, whether behind a computer or not.

Actually, Brad, only SOME of the people you encounter on the internet are real. Others are kooks, pretending to be someone they are NOT for whatever small thrill that brings them. Frankly, the way I see that is Buyer Beware. If you've been involved with someone for this long and she has no interest in IRL, it doesn't matter what her reasons are. She has chosen to be, by definition, not real.

Stop trying to make her what she can never be.
    Spammer Spanker

"Until this week, she told me she still wanted to be with me, that she still loved me"

So she has told you that she don't want to be with you or she don't love you, or both and you are stuck on the past?

If she has already told you that she don't want to be with you, she don't love you or both then what is the problem?

What part of NO don't you understand?

Wheather you were missing thing's as you asked in your starting post or not became irrelevant as soon as she told you she don't want to be with you irl.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2007 View Post
    Is it necessary to resort to name-calling?.. and people are still real, whether behind a computer or not.
    The name calling is to get your attention to do something better with your life than try to have a relationship online.

You can find someone to love online. You can start a relationship with someone online. You can fall in love online. YOU CANNOT MAINTAIN A RELATIONSHIP online. Either it goes real-world non-long distance, or it's not a relationship. It's the start of one, but not a relationship.

So why are we calling you a moron? Because we think you're being an idiot. We're not here to tell you what you want to hear. We're here to give you the honest, and in this case, hard truth. You're wasting your time, your life, your emotional energy, and love on someone you can't be with because they're not willing to take the necessary steps to get there.

And 25 years is not a trivial age difference, it's a lot. It's HUGE. It's so much of an age difference that it will cause problems in the relationship. Ones so big, that it will fail.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    "Until this week, she told me she still wanted to be with me, that she still loved me"

So she has told you that she don't want to be with you or she don't love you, or both and you are stuck on the past?

If she has already told you that she don't want to be with you, she don't love you or both then what is the problem?

What part of NO don't you understand?

Wheather you were missing thing's as you asked in your starting post or not became irrelevant as soon as she told you she don't want to be with you irl.
    The fact that she will still call me by pet names, and occasionally still say she does want to be with me, and still saying she does love me and never denying that.

Is it wrong to hold on to a sliver of what you truly want and need when that's all you get - is that sliver of hope?

Yes, it's wrong. It's like trying to sustain yourself on one grain of rice rather than going out and finding a good meal. Get off your ass and find what you need, Brad. She's just stringing you along.
    Spammer Spanker

They broke up 6 month's ago. How can she be stringing him along? She told him she don't want to be with him, how is that stringing him along?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2007 View Post
    don't even want to move on,

Everything else is irrelevant until you get this resolved. You have to want to move on before you can move on.

So, make up your mind... either pine away for her and waste more of her time and yours... or suck it up, endure the bit of pain, and move on.

Life isn't going to wait forever on you... eventually you will run out of time.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12