+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why would she do this to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Unlucky View Post
    I helped her through a pretty hard time in her life
    There you go: she directly associates you with a part of her life that she is moving on from because it made her feel miserable. Maybe her other friends weren't so close to her at the time, and this is exactly what now makes her want to stay away from you.

She may also have realized that you have stronger feelings for her than she does for you, and she doesn't want to string you along so she keeps her distance.

In either case, I understand/agree with what she's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    There you go: she directly associates you with a part of her life that she is moving on from because it made her feel miserable. Maybe her other friends weren't so close to her at the time, and this is exactly what now makes her want to stay away from you.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but this is very obscure to say the least. Especially because we were friends for 9 months after that all happened.

Anyways, thank you everyone else for your insights.

Jesus dude, you just don't get it.

When things are bad they don't get better instantly. You helped her through a tough break up (friend zoned there by the way), then you helped boost her confidence after said break up. She told you she had a crush, you confessed feelings (2 different things by the way), she most likely realised that you liked her more than she liked you, so literally showed you she wasn't interested. From that point on, for her it would have been awkward so she slowly backed away. The friendship was dead before you and her stopped talking.

At this point, there is no getting the friendship back. If you run in to each other a decade or so down the track, things might be different.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Friends break up just like couples do....except typ. you aren't having sex if your "just friends"...but none the less losing a friend can hurt just as much as losing a partner. You have to let her go...if she values your friendship and misses you then she will come back. If you act like a psycho obsessive friend who she never even slept with she will probably never return. The key is to always play it cool as much as you can and make it super comfortable for her to come back into your life. Just wait it out....
    Last edited by Maple1714; 11-09-12 at 11:08 AM.

People who refuse to see things for what they are, are so irritating! What do you think is the explanation then, Unlucky? She "did this TO YOU" for what "obscure" reason? Your bad luck? LOL

I'm a woman. I've been in a similar situation so I have a pretty good idea on what may have happened. MaidenMinx (another woman) gives the same explanation. Why can't you just accept it? It would make things a lot easier for you.

As for me being apart of a past she wants to leave behind? What about her current friends who were in her past that she still has? Your argument is irrelevant.
    Perhaps they are'nt trying to talk her out of what she wants to do and they are either joining her in her new adventures or, they are accepting her as she has become and not making her feel guilty about herself?

There are several other scenarios that I/we could post that would prove to you that our arguements are no where near "irrelevant."

Just back off, son. It will be hard at first but just like any habit.. if you quit it long enough, the quitting becomes the new habit and you'll be done with the discomfort of the withdrawl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12