+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dating, we all hate it

I hate the anxiety, the 100 questions going around in ur head that ur not sure whether to ask or not, i hate infatuation, i hate trying to figure out if hes trustworthy or not, i hate being all reserved and holding back but i hate jumping in head first even more lol.

I hate all the confusion and wondering what hes thinking, overanalyzing, reading into things too much, afraid to get too close..

Dating really is shite! Haha. Id prefer to be friends with someone first-help me rela. Its better than taking a sedative lol

The young are shallow and unrealistic. As you get older and get a more mature perspective on life your expectations become more realistic, and you are more open minded......well this happens for most, maybe not all.

Looking back no one I dated was relaxed or fun, they were A, either just wanting to get into my pants at the end of the date or B, wanted to jump into a serious relationship (and that's after a first date). There never was anything in the middle, casual getting to know them type dating. It seemed it was so rushed to get what they wanted. There was a lot of no second dates because it was such a turn off for me. I guess first impressions do count, even if they were a friend or stranger, it didn't matter.

For me, the last one moved way too fast, advancing to the various steps in less then 1 month.

I wanted to take it slow, and will always have that mentality.

I am planning to date someone in April, and will see how that one goes.

How many dates do you think it should take before the next move ?

I think i'll start with just a hug for the first few, then transition to the kiss on the cheek.

Followed by a kiss on lips, if it seems like it can be serious.

Holding hands will follow, and i'll wait it out before it is
    worth investing the time, and want can come from it.

P.S. i have too much respect for people, to make them feel uncomfortable.

Let's not forget one of the best parts of dating: not being a dateless blunder! Having what some can't have and if one gets with a really hot date, one can spite all those jackasses from high school or work.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I'll kiss on the first date np....but there has to be great chemist for that to happen.

Good song/ bad video

By kissing on the first date, do you mean the cheek, or the lips ?

I don't care how much chemistry we might have,
    can't see myself going for that right away.

The anticipation of feelings evolving, spending more time together,
    thinking about each other, makes it that much more worth well.

Relationships that get rushed, seem to not be all that great, because you
    really need to take a long time, to decide if this person is truly for you.

If steps aren't taken slowly ... it'll be harder to let each other go,
    and you'll get mixed signals, then when you took your time,
    and you aren't just thinking about the end goal.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 18-03-13 at 06:54 AM.

I totally go for kissing on the first date, err, would if I did date. Short of making out means disappointment.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I totally go for kissing on the first date, err, would if I did date.
    Short of making out means disappointment.
    Making out on a first date, means just as much as getting laid the same night.

There's the excitement of seeing how things develop ? why are people in a such a rush ?
    Do you really need to try and move in with that person as soon as possible ?
    You know you'll have 30+ years with that person, right ?

To be honest, I usually like to have a kiss on the first date. I don't like making out or anything more than that, though. That can be saved for later dates. But if the guy didn't want to kiss on the first date, I'd be fine holding hands or just hugging.

One of the most awkward things, though, is when you spend then entire date having tons of conversation and even hold hands...and when you lean in and kiss them, they pull back and cringe away like you're putting a poisonous snake in their face, only to later find out the entire date they were just "trying to feel something for you" and failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat83 View Post
    Making out on a first date, means just as much as getting laid the same night.

There's the excitement of seeing how things develop ? why are people in a such a rush ?
    Do you really need to try and move in with that person as soon as possible ?
    You know you'll have 30+ years with that person, right ?
    If you had to wait as long as I've had to, you'd have no impatience given first opportunity either.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I hate the anxiety, the 100 questions going around in ur head that ur not sure whether to ask or not, i hate infatuation, i hate trying to figure out if hes trustworthy or not, i hate being all reserved and holding back but i hate jumping in head first even more lol.

I hate all the confusion and wondering what hes thinking, overanalyzing, reading into things too much, afraid to get too close..

Dating really is shite! Haha. Id prefer to be friends with someone first-help me rela. Its better than taking a sedative lol
    Ahhh...this must be why I loved dating. I have a completely opposite approach to you. I didn't think about it - I just did it.

Not saying you're wrong - just horses for courses.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I like being the aggressor, and I like it when passion spontaneously combusts during or near the end of the date.....it's fun and I don't care if it doesn't work out later.....live in the moment (I think someone mentioned women should live in the moment didn't they kromat83?)

,,ahhh dating and the gradual sense of progress..but for what end?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast