+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boy or girl, man or woman..Sing it SLOW!! A Love Tip From Michael Morgan

I will add that some women give up if the tempo is not fast enough. Taking it slow is good- jumping into bed isn't necessary, but if I don't get a good kiss on the first date, there may not be a second date.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmorgan View Post
    Perhaps it isn't actually "take it slow"..the last words offer my opinion that, as love is a game played by two people, each of them has a different rhytm and speed for falling in love and growing a connection. I wrote it out of an impulse, not a carefully prepared blatant advertising or whatever I am found guilty of for sharing ideas.

FOUR small REAL life examples to support me:
    1) You try to kiss her on a first date, because you are already so in love with her. But she just started to connect with you, she gives you a chance by going out with you, and you blow it by jumping on her, as her speed towards love is much slower than yours.

2) You ask her to move in together with you. Once again, your speed and rhytm towards love could be waaaay different than hers.

3) There are at least two times a year where the speed towards love of each of us is very flexible and fast: Christmas, and Valentine's Day. These are days where MOST of us can start to feel lonely and open up to someone's attempts to connect with us.

4) Most men are ready to have sex at the first date. Most women aren't.

Of course, you can be the one who is taking it slow, and your partner fast.
    As long as you PAY ATTENTION to your lovers, read their speed and match it, it will be great. It's my personal guarantee.

Now I didn't imagine such a Pandora box will open. If I inspired at least one member, then it's worth taking the *** from all the others. If and when I will feel again the impulse to write something as a thread, you are free to read it OR not. That's for sure.

I would have expected more mature reactions from some of you, that have been in and out of love. But again, perhaps our speeds towards mutual respect are still quite different. I promise I'll match up with yours

However, this is already getting OFF-TOPIC. Stick to the ideas I presented, OK?
    IF we try to build something together (I know I am).

Thank you for your feedback.
    First and foremost, love is NOT a game.

1. (in response to your first example) That depends on the girl and how long you have known her; if you have only known her for a week, then your claiming that you "love" her is only superficial. It takes longer than that to truly love somebody. You got to love the little bits and pieces of them. You got to love the crumbs of a mother****er.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    He gives some of the best advice on here.
    Hey, he has only been here for a few days. This is the first thread, and appearance I've seen from him. Did he have a different alias, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    First and foremost, love is NOT a game.

1. (in response to your first example) That depends on the girl and how long you have known her; if you have only known her for a week, then your claiming that you "love" her is only superficial. It takes longer than that to truly love somebody. You got to love the little bits and pieces of them. You got to love the crumbs of a mother****er.

I LOVE this post. That was poetry.
    Spammer Spanker

I think the best point in that thread, is how the level of expectations grow with relation to time. Expectations are huge in all relationships in life, from aquatences(sp?) to love. Overanalyzation can be a very big problem when you consider time in its equation. I had problems with overanalyzation if I could not see the girl for a couple weeks, whereas while I was with them it was never a problem. I have not read anything about the causes of overanalyzation but I think it stems from insecurity. When I am secure with myself, I never overanalyze, nor do I have any time related progression problems in my relationships. So I think instead of advising people to 'wait', advise them to be SECURE WITH THEMSELVES, and there will be no problem with rushing their feelings because they will not be worried(sp?) about their partners reaction.
    Be true to yourself, this includes taking a step back and realizing that the best thing isnt always the easiest thing in front of you.

Myspace: [url]http://www.myspace.com/131869944[/url]

Thank you for that helpful info Michael...that helped the first timers and high schoolers here in the forum. What do you have next for your talent portion?
    "So tonight, when you're wondering what to say, or how you look, or whether or not she likes you, just remember, she is already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to try to make her like you. It is your job not to mess it up."

-Hitch

I appreciate all the feedback. Love is indeed not a game (I meant it as a figure of speech/writing ), but we should always not only know the odds, but also increase them in our favour-this is all that dating and relationship skills are about.

Take it SLOW means take it slow with yourself, with your expectations and love fantasies. If you're dying to fall in love again, do not jump with full speed on the first man or woman that goes out on a date with you. Do not start making plans, projecting the future together, imagine a marriage or whatever.

Be healthy to your own dreams, and they will NOT become nightmares. I promise you

Now let me go and introduce myself..the latest public enemy .. in the get to know thread..
    [URL="http://www.theneedforlove.com"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL] [URL="http://www.theneedforlove.com/blog"]COOL Valentine's Day E-Cards on this blog[/URL]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12