+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unhappy

nomas... it isn't cleaning necessarily that makes me happy it's being in a clean, well organized house, you know?

I was just being stupid, Sombra..you knew that..and I see your point. It makes me feel good too when I've made neatness and organization out of a mess.

I'll go for a run most mornings and that makes the rest of my day fairly smooth. It's kinda wierd but it works for me. I usually end up with 1 bad day in the week.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Everybody goes through those phases every now and then.

Believe it or not, even I do as well.

NO way!!!!!
    "Ogres are like onions."

Tone Guest
    I didn't see this post til today.

Arty >:[

Fras is just trying to make everyone else feel better. He knows he's too perfect to have bad days
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

shh!: painting toenails always help me too. sometimes, I also play dress up with my 12 year old cousin. but she was already asleep and i wasn't really close to home.

misombra: when i'm frustrated i do clean the house. but my grandma's been cleaning it and that is really frustrating me, not to be able to clean my room the way i want to clean it. and there are things always missing. my contact lens turned up in a cup. i should be thankful that she braves the dump that is my room, but ahhhh...

nomas: yea, beer sure is, but it depends on who you're with. i went to watch Oig and Paul play softball after the Korean class. Then we had beer and watched the Sox beat the Indians two games in a row. I would have enjoyed it as much if it had been a cup of water.

haywardj: it's all of it that i'm feeling.... but no need to dwell on it.

like everyone said, we all go through a phase like that so no big deal.

smiles.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Nomas----"Stop, Frisbee...not YOU too?? But really..I've grown to have pretty good control over it..I can't recall being unhappy any time in the modern history of nomas..anytime I'm close I rationalize my way out of it, knowing it's just a state of mind, which I have full control over..at least I do right now.Same goes for boredom."

Please share your secret formula. How does one rationalise one's thoughts out of the doldrums?

Tone Guest
    It's because Nomas is a robot from the future.

Edit: Or because he likes to lead everyone to believe his intellect is far superior to human emotion.
    Last edited by Tone; 24-06-05 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    Please share your secret formula. How does one rationalise one's thoughts out of the doldrums?
    Tone answered it.

Ha ha..well, I'm not really from the future, but I am somewhat robotic in my approach to things. That's it. Well, I guess in part it has a lot to do with my lifestyle and just who I am.

Though not diagnosed officially, anyone who knows me will pretty much tell you I pretty much have ADHD, with an emphasis on the "H". So I'm easily amused..and constantly doing stuff. Stuff also involves thinking..say I'm just in a waiting room waiting for a doc. The TV can easily entertain me during the waiting period. Or a magazine. If nothing else is available, just thinking. My head's constantly at work. And when I'm not bound to a room, I'm always out and about.

I don't claim to be more intelligent than anyone else, but I do tend to find method emotions pseudo-scientifically. Like my own branch of psychology based solely on my own observations and interpretations. In this way I can say, oh, you feel this because of that..now I can just fix that in this manner. Voila! You're in control.

Maybe one day I'll realize it's an illusion..or maybe I'll maintain control throughout my life. Chances are of the former because almost everyone seems to have gone through such a phase and then grew out of it, and I AM behind in matters of romance (never been in a formal relationship), so only time will tell, but for the time being, I'm satisfied with my life and my take on it.

Good for you, nomas. I approve of men who are rational beings.
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Good for you, nomas. I approve of men who are rational beings.
    :-)
    I agree with this post..

(remember that one, Frisbee?? Ha ha, hadn't used it in a while!)

To those who don't know what I'm talking about, it's an old joke. Someone once wrote a post and someone else agreed with her and she in turn wrote a post agreeing with the dude that agreed with her and we found it so amusing we started doing it frequently..agreeing with people agreeing with you..

In any case, thanks, Sarah, it's nice to know there's someone seeing things similar to me even in this small a sample pool of people.

Sarah? Isn't that Lovelylady's signature name? AAAAAAGGGHHHGH!!!! Don't confuse me with HER, OF ALL PEOPLE!!!!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hahaha... mixing you and chili lady up is very funny indeed.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

haha shh... that reminds me of this conversation a friend and i were having over names and what we tend to think upon hearing a certain name. we hadn't discussed sarah though, but there seems to be a pattern with it.

nomas...those are good qualities. that's what makes you so cool.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast