+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: possibly more than a crush on a teacher...

hm. Reminds me of a situation I had with a teacher who sounds awfully familiar. He helped me out, was just a real nice and funny person, and sometimes we got to hang out. This sounds kind of perverted to begin with, but we're like a big family at this part of the college. Heck, another lecturer was our DJ at the halloween party. It's a great atmosphere, because the teachers get to be humans, not 'bad guys' who make us do work. They're such a funny bunch.

ANYWAYS! To conclude though, I never had any feelings for him, and even if I was single and I did have feelings, that's still a bad road to go down. I don't recommend it. The age gap nor the student/teacher complication don't matter as much as the fact that he's cheating on his girlfriend, and even if you say you don't care about that, if you get yourself into a little fling with this geezer it'll be harder to move on to a proper relationship. And he could loose his job.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, he'll be dead in a decade or two anyway.

lol nice and cheerfull Frasbee as always

True though...
    I'm with the others, steer clear...
    Although I've had many a crush on teachers myself.
    But the whole 50 thing is way too creepy. Sorry.

I thought my age difference with the girl was bad, I'm 31 and she's 18.
    After reading this, I have to show it to her (or maybe not). Anyway, thanks for your piece of the pie Pikachusgurl!

but...
    pikachusgirl, even though my situation is a bit different from yours in terms of age gap, I understand you fully. You're in love.
    When you're in love Pikachusgurl, you're thoughts are not as clear as you think.
    You have to understand that human emotions are very strong because they're feelings and conditions within us, a lot of time it's difficult to understand and it weakens our judgements and thoughts of situations, predictions, present life, future life and essentially reality.
    Don't let your emotions cloud you. The best thing is to LISTEN to the people in this forum and the people you talk to at home, outside and wherever. If you weigh all the opinions and advices from each individual...you should already know my answer.

There's this one girl I'm in love with too (I'll tell you about it after this).

For you, I will not even going to mention teacher, legal or illegal because that's up to the law to decide.

I know you're in love Pikachusgurl, I fully understand that.
    However, you have a long life ahead of you (how often you hear of this?), don't take ignorance for granted because you might have to pay for it later.
    You're 18, beautiful, intelligent, witty and kind hearted any nice gentleman would love to have you. Make more friends with people around your age <=30.
    Man...I'm 31 and I didn't even include myself in.

I think you should take a vacation pikachusgirl, as far as so you can't have any contact with your teacher (no phones, emails, chat, love letter..etc). Give it atleast 3 months time and forget about him, I'm sure things will be better for you this way. Trust the people in this forum...even if they haven't experience what you've experienced I know they either heard, read or already know the stuff.

I'm serious...cause I don't want you to get hurt or go out doing some crazy stuff.

You've seen the TV show Jerry Springer, haven't you?
    They make sense don't they? They teach you something don't they? To me they're very valuable themes and lessons to be learned from the shows if you want a real life relationship.

For your interest...my situation is a bit different...cause I love her very much but I don't know if she loves me. Good luck pikachusgirl!

Here's a rundown on one of my posting I had put up, yesterday in this forum.
    From "Should I cut this friendship or there's hope for mending?"

Anyway...even though I love this girl who's 18, I think 13 yrs different is still a lot. I never gone out with a girl even as a friend and this is the first girl I've recently
    met (1-2 wks) and only gone out with her as a friend. For some reasons there something about her, and she feels the same about me.
    To tell you the truth, if I have someone right now near my age, I would stop seeing her (not that I don't love her but because I don't want to love her, she's too young for me and) because I think it's not right for me to do. But because I'm 31 and I'm a very passive guy, I'm afraid I won't find anyone else besides her.
    Please read my posting "Should I cut this friendship or there's hope for mending?"

You see...now I think I'm just going to be her friend if she doesn't want it...it's also fine with me ...cause I'm through with love. Too painful for me, I can't bear it anymore.

lalala *plugs ears with fingers*
    but I like him... =(
    I mean is it wrong for me to just hang out with him as a peer-friend relationship?
    I don't think I could just cut him out completely, we've been through a lot together (already) and he does have superb advice about things...
    AND I LOVE HIM !!! lol
    God my will power is just non-existent...
    HEEEYYY... HE'LL LIVE PAST 70... *fingers crossed*... I think...
    ANYWAY...
    we get along so well, I wish some of you could see it, maybe it would change some of ur minds... [insert silence]
    well maybe not, but ugh I like him *pouty face*

Thanx for all of u for posting especially those of you that could relate to my situation, it really helped...

Quote Originally Posted by pikachusgirl
    I mean is it wrong for me to just hang out with him as a peer-friend relationship?

AND I LOVE HIM !!! lol

These two are practically mutally exclusive. Don't see it happening.

pretty sure this will be nothing more than a crush no matter how much more I want from it... =(
    He keeps talking about his girlfriend, which is usually ok, but lately he's been baking off. I don't think he likes me like that (anymore?).
    "You're 18, beautiful, intelligent, witty and kind hearted"-anhmaimaiyeuvn
    Thanx... hey u wanna hang out sometime? j/k lol, but seriously I doubt all that ... my self-esteem is shot! =(
    If nothing more I want to be his friend.... aannnnnd mooooorrrrreee
    I'm very hypocritical... sorry

King Zarathu Guest
    lalala *plugs ears with fingers*
    If you aren't going to listen, delete this thread.

Wrinkles *drool*
    How is your relationship with your father? Do you have one?

I'm joking, I'm listening to all you have to say I just don't like what I'm hearing and it's hard to just drop him at the snap of my fingers you know? it will take time
    =(
    Umm... the relatioship I have with my father is OK. There's no abuse or anything and we can talk occasionally... We have a very passive relationship, like we're afraid to say or do too much to eff up what we have. We just kinda live in the same area and coexist together... not much more to say than that!

I'm sure I look up to this teacher like some sort of "idol" or "mentor" close to a father figure, but there's also a serious attraction there. I wanna kiss him half the time (and then some...), pretty sure I don't think of my daddy like that *shudder*.
    So yeah I know there might be some connection there...

God, How do I get over him?
    I think about him non-stop!
    Is this one of those "in good time" things or is there something I can do to speed up the process?

I'm not one for patience... =)
    HELP!

thanx, BYE

If all else fails and you still dont trust our advice ask your best freind, and at least listen to her.

well it's not that I don't "trust" your advice... I agree with atleast half of it... it's just hard to go from one extreme to another!
    I wanna have that will power to do what u guys are saying, but i think I'm gonna have to take one step (tiny mini-step) at a time.

Is there a baby step I can take toward getting over him?
    should I confront him about any of this?

=(

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hrmm.... wow i love all the helpful responces that everyone has given.. however, does this sound like bullshiet to anyone else? sure i remember dreaming of the hottest teacher back in the days, however, crossing the line? hahaha and with a 50 year old?? hey you said that you were whoring out and looking at others right..?? well i'm single.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you really want to move on, you will find a way. Meet guys closer to your age, who are unattached, and not former teachers of yours. Doesn't mean they have to be YOUR age, but at least someone in a more realistic situation.

But, honestly I don't think you wanna. You enjoy the fantasy too much.

Just keep in mind how messed up things could get if you followed thru and things don't work out.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

HEEEEEYYYYY!!!I resent that Illusional...
    I'm being completely honest!
    He's not "50" I rounded it up like a year! That's the closest I was to being "dishonest".
    I have been looking, the closest I've gotten was a really hot Korean sushi chef... I really like him too he's 26 and we made-out once! I have a super duper big crush on him, but don't see that going anywhere. So I kinda gave up, though I still go there for sushi almost daily =0
    Yes, I'm keeping all options opened, single you said... tell me about yourself Illusional...how old are you? lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast