+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Creeps who ask random women out

What's that, a PUA video? Not going to waste my time watching it, sorry. I would be disgusted and pissed as hell if a random stranger asked me such a private, personal question. Not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    ehhh... your daughter's probably about the same age as my oldest son. He doesn't get it either. he looks pretty much like a carbon copy of me and has wondered why the girls flirt with me and not him, given that he's taller, younger, and looks the same. I said "Confidence."

You're three years younger than my wife. She still gets hit on. I love it when some guy turns around to check my wife out and I lock eyes with him... they invariably turn red and hurry off. Tell your daughter she should just be thankful that she'll still be attractive when she's your age.
    My daughter is almost 14. Though she's already got the confidence thing figured out. Honestly she knows more about getting a crush to spend time with her than many posters 10 years older than her. She says "I just talk to the boys I like - they're just people" Thankfully, spending time with a crush hasn't progressed past playing guitar together and getting the Lego out

I love that you're confident enough to enjoy men checking out your wife! So cool.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    What's that, a PUA video? Not going to waste my time watching it, sorry. I would be disgusted and pissed as hell if a random stranger asked me such a private, personal question. Not kidding.
    I was disgusted that he even suggested using that kind of a line. That's the kind of thing I think deserves a slap when a guy asks that.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I was disgusted that he even suggested using that kind of a line. That's the kind of thing I think deserves a slap when a guy asks that.
    I assumed he was joking. I didn't find it funny though
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Neither did I, joking or not.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

You guys are sensitive. I have hear that kind of stuff told to womens since I was teenager and women dont give a shit - more like feel flatered than ofended(beautifull women are used to hear nasty stuff). Not so confident girls might become a bit shy and dont know what to answer except quiet "stop" or "shut up" Then again you might come from diferent background and cultures so everyone is diferent.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 24-04-13 at 07:41 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    My daughter is almost 14. Though she's already got the confidence thing figured out. Honestly she knows more about getting a crush to spend time with her than many posters 10 years older than her. She says "I just talk to the boys I like - they're just people" Thankfully, spending time with a crush hasn't progressed past playing guitar together and getting the Lego out

I love that you're confident enough to enjoy men checking out your wife! So cool.
    Ahhh... well then no. My oldest is the same age as LR.

I don't mind at all if guys look at my wife. I don't mind if she says 'oh, he's really cute' either - I know who makes her motor run.

What country are you from, pcmaster?

Kids in middle and high school would say disgusting stuff like that to girls, too. Only girls with, let's say, "low inhibitions", or very insecure girls, would be (at least exteriorly) flattered by it. The others would just give the guy a shocked and disgusted look of contempt, before ignoring him altogether.

Thankfully, mature guys aren't like high school kids.

Im from Latvia. And where do you live?

Actually we talkrd about that kind of stuff in workplace(I was 17-18 at the time and guys and girls was like 25) In highschool the stuff was a little more nasty. Remember guy was offering english teacher anal sex without lubrication - she didnt answered lol. And a lot more darker shit was told behind those walls. Girls toilet seemed to become oral sex place by the year two. Saddly it wasnt very high profile school lol.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

LR i told him i have a bf and actually made it clear im not interested but he kept on pestering which is y i started laughing.

i dont play games-no means no and if i was single and i liked someone i would say yes the first time-not the 100th.

i dont no y guys think your playing hard to get?? lots of men have said that to me-your a tease etc-well this was ages ago when i was like 18 and i was like what? i thought i was sending out my "please dont talk to me" vibe.. weird..

At what point did someone trying to talk to someone else become creepy? What happened to good old regular social behavior? I wish more people would be willing to just "socialize". He talked to you, made it clear his intentions. Once you said you were uncomfortable, he left.

I expect that in the US of A, and some parts of Canada..But I always thought the Aussies were a happy social bunch
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Lol...Cerbs is either deliciously ironic or totally missing the picture..

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    At what point did someone trying to talk to someone else become creepy? What happened to good old regular social behavior? I wish more people would be willing to just "socialize". He talked to you, made it clear his intentions. Once you said you were uncomfortable, he left.

I expect that in the US of A, and some parts of Canada..But I always thought the Aussies were a happy social bunch
    Um... how carefully did you read that Cerby? It was creepy as hell.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The initial compliment was fine. The followup was pushy until she said she was married. At that point, a normal guy would have backed off.

I agree with Cerb's point in general, though. Men should be able to compliment women (and vice versa) without getting knickers twisted up. I suppose this is the historical reason for a wedding band... the visible "taken" sign that will ward off decent men.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    The initial compliment was fine. The followup was pushy until she said she was married. At that point, a normal guy would have backed off.

I agree with Cerb's point in general, though. Men should be able to compliment women (and vice versa) without getting knickers twisted up. I suppose this is the historical reason for a wedding band... the visible "taken" sign that will ward off decent men.
    Agree 100%. This is why I smiled and thanked him for the compliment. It didn't get creepy till he refused to back off. He didn't bother to look at my left hand for a ring.....I would have been a vaguely more understanding had I not been wearing one. Though I'd still expect him to back off when I said 'no'.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast