+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: no such thing as a "friend" of opposite sex

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    IMHO i think that girls tends to cause more dramas with other girls which is why most of them tend to relate better with guys. form my experiences guys are more careless about love and life in general. like me, i could care less about a lot of things which is why people run to me with problems yet i give them the same answer... just say **** it and things will turn out better tomorrow.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

just say **** it and things will turn out better tomorrow.
    I have newfound respect for you. This has been my motto for years. And now I know I'm not alone . . . . thank you.

haha that was good, and what the hell am I listening to? Crack me up!

I am a blonde with big boobs too! Blue eyes as well!

I had several guy friends that were just that-friends! Maybe cause I always a b/f at the time. but it is possible to have friends as the opposite sex. Guess it depends on what kind of circle you hang in. I liked having a guy as a best friend, got some insights on male stuff!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Didn't mean to say it wasn't "possible", but just pointed out that pretty much anytime someone starts to become a friend to you, it's probably cause they're attracted to you and wouldn't mind eventually dating you. Then when it never happens, they sometimes remain friends, and sometimes they don't.

Alexi

Hmm, that's interesting. I suppose that means that there could always be a possible relationship with my girl of interest (who is a friend) in the future. Of course, here's something interesting: The girl I like, her best friend is a guy (not her boyfriend, but her ex-fiance, I believe), and her boyfriend's best friend is a girl (not her).

I don't know if what you say is totally true, though. I have a number of female friends, and I'm not really attracted to all of them (okay, a few of them... you got me). It's hard not to be attracted to a female friend when she hasn't seen you in a while and runs up and gives you a giant hug (and that particular one was one I was interested in before... and she has a fiance! What is it with me and women who are taken?!).

I'm saying that in order to become friends there was an initial attraction by one party or the other. if you've been friends for a while, maybe it's gone on both sides. But in order to initially make contact and become friendlier towards one another, there was attraction on one side or other.

Alexi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    exactly alexi.. i feel the same way. too many people in this world worry about what will happen next or worry how others will think of them. all this i think is a waste of time because life is too short to waste your mind to worrying. it's not a good thing all the time because i must admit that i have pissed off a lot of people with my nonchalant attitude, however i feel this is my way of life. i relate to things in my own not caring attitude and it has gotten me this far in life. my phrase however is a bit differernt than yours. i got "live for the moment" tatted across my back. raverboy

I agree with you Alex. There had to be something I guess. I just found through dating someone and then meeting their friends, it wasnt attraction at all, but maybe thats how a guy views meeting their girl-friends, looking as though potential?

Why would a guy want a butt ass ugly friend? HELLO thats obvious. but people who are attractive tend to automatically attract good looking friends and such. The social thing.

Really-look at your clicks around campus...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Originally posted by squirrley

Why would a guy want a butt ass ugly friend?
    they always has a cute friend that they would put in a good word for. it's werid, but you know how the pretty girls always end up with assholes and later regret their relationships? well being friends with the "not so pretty girl" is a benefit because they will pass on the word that you're a really sweet guy and things will start to happen. raverboy

that's what i say too!
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

i think that intial attraction does play a role in friendship but i also think that there are many other factors to include when your determining if you want to be friends with someone.
    "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying" a very smart man

of course theres a thing as a friend thats a girl, I have many of those.... but I guess some of them might be hitting on me

but none of them like relationships they way I do (( longer that four weeks, MUCH MUCH longer ))
    .... what would life be like if I didn't touch anyones life....

Not sure how old topic is...

I just think you guys are ending up in the "Friend Zone" because you have no game...not to sell you out or anything but lets face it...if every girl you meet wants to be your friend...
    Love Is BS

i kinda agree...if a girl starts to say that you are too much of a friend, you kinda messed up the whole situation to begin with. never thought about that...
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Re: Not sure how old topic is...

Originally posted by KenThePartyMan
    I just think you guys are ending up in the "Friend Zone" because you have no game...not to sell you out or anything but lets face it...if every girl you meet wants to be your friend...
    [url="http://loveforum.net/journal.php?s=&journalid=255&action=view#Friend Zone Explained"]Friend Zone Explained.[/url]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast