+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marry her? WARNING: LONG!

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Well, you are in the top three, and anyway, you are my favorite over-35 male poster for sure!
    Great. I beat out Whayward.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Oh, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Girls come and go, friends are forever. It's an unwritten Man Rule to never break up a friendship over a girl.

Ok, this is turning more into a diccusion about stealing girls from friends, rather then knowing when your ready to marry... Maybe a change in the thread tite is in order?

I call myself "Boy" because I am 23. I understand there is a lot to learn. When do I call my self a "Man?" When ever I decide im all grown up?
    I also call myself "Boy" because I lack certain responsiblities that I believe a "Man" should have. i.e. childern(for one). Anyone can say they are a man but when it comes time to own up to your decisions they often tuck tail and run. Or fall back on the ever popular "What ever".

And sure it might be an unwritten Man rule. But when have you ever let rules stand in your way when you know what is right?

Friends are forever... forever and ever... and thankfully, all my friends stood by be... excpt for one...

Also, "Shh!" I didn't mean to exploit your "Jest" I also was just jesting.

Durr... discussion even...

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree it was wrong to move in on a girl when she was already invested in a relationship, but what's done is done. So now, I will try and answer some of the things you put in your post.

First, if you don't KNOW if you want to marry her then you DON'T.

Second, stop worrying so much about the past. So you don't know anything about her past relationships, what are you looking for? Why do you care? do you want to know she possible got hurt? Or are you looking for something in her past to subconsciously hold over her head? It's in the past and it has no relevance on your relationship now. So it is of unimportance. And all you should be focusing on is her as a person and who she is now.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

LoL, I know for sure no one feels like I do but even though you think you "stole" his delicate flower away (lol) all you did was take a girl that he got to fawk alot and now tossed onto you when he got bored of her(which he did since he went back to video games). Its you Alaska boy who got fawked here. ROFL.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I think you're all forgetting, this was his so called "friend" that he stole her from. Shame shame.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I undertsand that LLoyd. And I said it was wrong of him too, but the point is he came here looking for advice about his current situation, not be ridiculed for how he got into it in the first place. We have already yelled at him for what he did, so now we should be trying to give him some advice. He knows what he did was wrong.

The advice we give is out of our hands. He's already committed bad karma. What goes around comes around. He has angered the Gods.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, I know that! I was just trying to be helpful no matter what he did!

The advice we give is out of our hands. He's already committed bad karma. What goes around comes around. He has angered the Gods.

So we are all doomed? Original sin anyone?
    And as far as karama goes... Karma IS... I can't make myself have good karma by doing good things. Or vice versa. Sure... always do good, but to assume that if I am a doctor and saved 100+ lives that I will get all I desire is a fools dream.

Is there no redemption? Maybe making her happy? or should I just break up with her cause its gonna end anyway?

Also, if you had a sister... maybe you do... and she was in a unhealthy relationship... you dis-approved but could not convince her to end it... all of a sudden she breaks up with him and goes out with her boyfriends friend... You then start to see her happy again... and understand that this new guy supports her and is good to her... but NO! this cannot be! she MUST leave this guy, for he has commited the ULTIMATE sin!... so... you show up one day and bludgeon him to death... for her sake ofcourse.

Help me to understand....

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaBoy
    Also, if you had a sister... maybe you do... and she was in a unhealthy relationship... you dis-approved but could not convince her to end it... all of a sudden she breaks up with him and goes out with her boyfriends friend... You then start to see her happy again... and understand that this new guy supports her and is good to her... but NO! this cannot be! she MUST leave this guy, for he has commited the ULTIMATE sin!... so... you show up one day and bludgeon him to death... for her sake ofcourse.

Help me to understand....
    All you had to do is let her decide, on her own, to breakup with her boyfriend, your friend. If you two were meant to be, it couldn't wait another couple days?

All you had to do is let her decide, on her own, to breakup with her boyfriend, your friend. If you two were meant to be, it couldn't wait another couple days?

Some say "Timing is everything" Lloyd... Opportuntiy knocked, and I answered.

We have been together for two years now, and very happy... Is this wrong? should I wake up every day for two years sweating guilt? All I wanted was to know "How do I know when its time to get married?"... really... and I figured id give a little back story... I could have left it out and said... "Hey, ive been with this girl for two years and love her, should I get married?" but everything plays a factor... so I let you know what was up...

Also, Thank you rosebud for your input... I value it

Tone Guest
    If you have to come here asking us, who, by the way - how the HELL can WE answer THAT question FOR YOU???

If you have to come here asking us this, then obviously - no, you are not ready. Like Lloyd said, get married when you KNOW you want to, not "think" you want to.

Give it more time. If you guys are meant for one another, more time isn't going to hurt at all. Wait until you know you're ready.

[QUOTE=Tone]- how the HELL can WE answer THAT question FOR YOU???

QUOTE]

I don't know... Maybe I was looking for advice?
    Maybe some one else has been in my situation and was thinking about marrying early in life and would say "Hey, don't marry young, it didn't work out for me because..." or "Hey, I married young and it was amazing because..." I am lost and looking for answers... I may have asked the wrong question to the wrong people... but thank you to those who have offered me input that was helpful ie. Shh! and Rosebud and to a certin extent Lloyd

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast