+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star signs..

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Your sun sign that you read about in the paper will have very little bearing on compatibility. You need both parties birth charts and a good astrologer to gain any information from astrology. Or you can go and learn how to calculate a birth chart and decipher them yourself.
    I prefer tea leaves. Or better yet, I consult Hen Wen, the Oracular Pig that lives at Caer Dallben.

Wow, there are some narrow minded people on the planet. What on Earth happened to accepting another persons beliefs? You don't have to agree but geez, you don't have to be mean about it either. No wonder the planet is going to shit.

Beliefs are personal and not a criteria on which to judge people. I am not religious, yet I would never dismiss or reject someone based on their religion. I am a spiritual person, my partner calls himself an atheist (I personally think he falls closer to agnostic, which he will acknowledge with me at times but for the sake of never getting suckled into conversations he has no interest in he's an Atheist) Our beliefs or lack there of don't impact our relationship with each other.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    I will reject a girl the moment she says she believes in astrology.
    Me too. And I try very hard not to giggle first.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I don't like to hear all the mumbo jumbo saying that I will end up hating my partner because he's a certain sign that I shouldn't be compatible with...
    I find its all about who you are and what kind of people attract you

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBerry View Post
    I find its all about who you are and what kind of people attract you
    Why do you want astrology for that? Have you ever tried introspection?

I dont... I get along really well and perfectly with my partner and it says that we aren't supposed to work very well together

Wow, there are some narrow minded people on the planet. What on Earth happened to accepting another persons beliefs? You don't have to agree but geez, you don't have to be mean about it either. No wonder the planet is going to shit.

Beliefs are personal and not a criteria on which to judge people. I am not religious, yet I would never dismiss or reject someone based on their religion. I am a spiritual person, my partner calls himself an atheist (I personally think he falls closer to agnostic, which he will acknowledge with me at times but for the sake of never getting suckled into conversations he has no interest in he's an Atheist) Our beliefs or lack there of don't impact our relationship with each other.
    Hey, that's your privilege. Personally I couldn't be with somebody that believed in such half-witted nonsense. I'd have zero respect for her intellect, and that's something that is important to me. I am an atheist, and my wife is a non-specific believer in some sort of higher power - I respect her right to believe those things, and I believe it's (remotely) possible she's right, so I leave it, but we have an agreement... she doesn't try to convert me, and I don't make fun of her silly superstition. It works for us, your mileage may vary.

*sigh*

Let me start by saying I don't expect to convert anyone. I do understand people not believing in astrology and considering it nonsense. I can't understand how Christians can believe in immaculate conception. I would never laugh openly in a Christians face about it though. Just because I don't believe it doesn't make me better or smarter than people that do. Faith and beliefs are not based in logic and reason, nor does having faith or beliefs impact intelligence.

The woman who taught me the most about astrology started studying it out of scepticism. She wanted to prove once and for all to believers of astrology that it didn't work and you could tell nothing about people from it. She couldn't. (Anyone who is up for the challenge is welcome to try where she failed. I'm more than happy to engage in a fair open minded debate about it all). I personally have my own personal proof that is works, and no I am not going to share because personal proof won't do anything for the sceptic, that's why it's personal.

I can't understand how Christians can believe in immaculate conception.
    That one's easy. The Aramaic word for "Unmarried woman" and "Virgin" are one and the same. It's likely the result of mistranslation.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    That one's easy. The Aramaic word for "Unmarried woman" and "Virgin" are one and the same. It's likely the result of mistranslation.
    That I know (did you learn it from Snatch aswell :p ). That's not what Christians believe though, well not some of the Christians I've met.

Don't remember where I learned it... you mean the movie Snatch? Then no. Knew it long before then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12