+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on easing up in distance relationship?

Yeah, the hormone thing is really weird, it seems like if the girl got pms beforehand the pill tends to make them more stable, if not then it is liable to make them crazy.

Yeah, I don't know if this problem is what I'd call "common", seeing as a vast majority of women on birth control very much appreciate it. But that's why there's like ten billion different types. The first one you try isn't necesarily going to be the right one for that particular girl.

Anyway, I can't help but notice that everytime you make a statement about something she does, you make an immediate defense of how its nothing to do with you or she never gets angry at you or stuff like that. Why is this necesary? Do you have some subconscious feeling that these problems DO somewhat stem from your relationship? I mean, you said she's been on the pill for six months, and things in your relationship have been rocky in the past few months, but thats a MAJORITY of your relationship. You need to really figure out what it is you're missing in these conversations, because you two are honestly not talking about and working out the issues at hand. If you were, you wouldn't be here. I agree that talking to each other 24/7 is a little overboard. You NEED to get your school work done, and do some other things, and so does she. But you honestly should be devoting a lot of time to each other, because its a relationship like any other. She needs to get off the pills if that's the problem, and you two really need to talk about where you want the future of your relationship to go, and how you feel about it currently. If ya'll are coming to a concensus on what ya'll need to do, put it into action.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Debunkt
    Yeah, I don't know if this problem is what I'd call "common", seeing as a vast majority of women on birth control very much appreciate it. But that's why there's like ten billion different types. The first one you try isn't necesarily going to be the right one for that particular girl.

Anyway, I can't help but notice that everytime you make a statement about something she does, you make an immediate defense of how its nothing to do with you or she never gets angry at you or stuff like that. Why is this necesary? Do you have some subconscious feeling that these problems DO somewhat stem from your relationship? I mean, you said she's been on the pill for six months, and things in your relationship have been rocky in the past few months, but thats a MAJORITY of your relationship. You need to really figure out what it is you're missing in these conversations, because you two are honestly not talking about and working out the issues at hand. If you were, you wouldn't be here. I agree that talking to each other 24/7 is a little overboard. You NEED to get your school work done, and do some other things, and so does she. But you honestly should be devoting a lot of time to each other, because its a relationship like any other. She needs to get off the pills if that's the problem, and you two really need to talk about where you want the future of your relationship to go, and how you feel about it currently. If ya'll are coming to a concensus on what ya'll need to do, put it into action.

I just do that cause otherwise people go "you are just making excuses." I am just trying to avoid that second reply where I have to explain further, I guess. Anyway yeah I've been sort of clingy, so we're going to take a break I think and reevaluate things in a month (after she's been off for a couple weeks). If she still has problems with me then we'll know it isn't all the pills and we'll break up, but before then we don't trust her emotions to be entirely rational.

EDIT: I noticed the part about "majority" of our relationship....we were together quite a while before she started the pills, the relationship didn't start at the same time as them so it's not like it's been rocky for 50% of the relationship. Still, it has been for about 1/4 now so you have a point anyway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12