+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mums and mother in laws

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, that's a lot of pressure....only 20 and they want to get you married already? Are you okay with that?

My kids will not be permitted to speak the word marriage to me with reference to their s/o until they are at least 26 and finished school. I won't hear of it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

are your kids with the indian husband? thats really 'modern' i guess - indian guy and a white chick - no offence or nothing.

i want to marry him just not yet. at around 23.

he'll grow on them by then..i hope..i pray..he better

i know an indian girl from here, who was introduced by her family to an indian guy in india. she spoke to him for 6 months on the phone went over for 2 weeks and married him. now she has 2 kids and says shes happy. < that i could never do.

i always thought these kind of things had died out obviously not they're still really really common.

i have a bf that loves me to death. why should i settle to be my cousins second best? just because they couldn't find noone better ergh that makes my skin crawl.
    Last edited by PussyCatDoll; 14-05-08 at 04:11 AM.
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

Your family is really out of touch with who you are, aren't they? I think that's sad. They're missing out.

I guess we live in Interracial Relationship Land here. I know piles of people in relationships and marriages with people from different ethnic backgrounds.
    Spammer Spanker

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh god, I don't have any kids yet!!!!! I meant, when I do have them. Thank god we didn't have kids together....they'd be pretty hot, but still.

Yeah, for two different ethnicities to marry where I live is pretty common.....almost everyone I know has at least dated someone outside their race/culture. No one really notices at all, and I think that's pretty cool.

The reason I said I wouldn't want my (future) children thinking about marriage until considerably older is the same thing Giga mentioned......I want them to be fully in touch with who they are......as well as accomplished, independent, and experienced in relationships. I will be happy for them to date as much as humanly possible before marriage....they need to know the full range of what's out there before they can really choose. I wish that for everyone really, including yourself. I hate to see young people sell out to marriage so quickly......there is so much more out there in the world.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It doesn't sound like the conversation was all that bad... pretty much what I expected. Now they will get to meet up face to face.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

this was a milestone for us.

i think its actually sunk in now.

my mum asks about him now. did he phone? whens his birthday? is he clever? ..

i'm sorry i keep posting.. we're not telling any of our friends just incase it goes pear shaped

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Now all he has to do is make a good first impression. Be sure he follows all traditional cultural practices when he meets them. For example, if it is considered good manners to take a box of sweets to the hostess at dinner, be sure he does that. No swearing, dress respectably, etc. (He probably already knows this.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Basically your mother is implying that she has planned the whole future for you, so you might as well do and decide nothing at all eh..?
    Don't expect anything.

lol we've already discussed what we thought he should bring.. and he never ever swears. hes the perfect gnetleman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12