+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does PMS really not affect some girls or are they just not aware of it?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well actually I prescribed Starbuck a lethal dose of nembutal. It would be a permanent solution. Don't worry Starbuck, the end would be peaceful. Just like drifting off into a nice sleep.

It comes highly recommended from Exit, the international euthanasia advocacy organisation.

All Best,

Dr CB.
    Last edited by Charlie Boy II; 22-09-08 at 08:31 PM.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Pimpboy - You asked if women don't know if they are PMSing, and I can tell you that until you actually CALENDAR your bad moods and see a distinctive pattern, you just assume it is run-of-the-mill crankiness. Yes, we fell crappy when we have PMS, but unless we are aware of our condition, we assume that you guys really ARE the stupidest beings on the planet. ANd let's be honest: many of you give us good reason to believe that, PMS or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Well actually I prescribed Starbuck a lethal dose of nembutal.
    I want a second opinion!
    Last edited by starbuck; 23-09-08 at 12:08 AM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

My issue is that I only see her on weekends due to a 100 mile distance. So it's difficult to take that 'sensitive time' apart as if we are to skip a weekend then we don't see each other for 2 weeks! I'm just asking this as a way to see if this is really pms related because I do not see ANY logic in her behavior towards me. I didn't do anything prior or during the weekend but be nice and sweet to her.

PMS is not logical. Don't you have a mom or sisters? Any experience with females at all?

Yea my mom's on menopause. No sisters. Only real close experiences is an ex of 2 years that I've said was completely nuts during her pms times.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was PMSing yesterday.

PMS is in imbalance in hormones. Not all women get it but MANY do. I think it's the food, medications, stress, etc that is a major factor. These women need to find a way to balance it.

I don't get PMS

If I'm pissed off or grumpy, then I have a good reason and it can happen any time of the month (Note: I don't get grumpy anymore now that the ex is gone ).

Balance is key .

i hear there's a great herbal remedy for pms.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    PMS is in imbalance in hormones. Not all women get it but MANY do. I think it's the food, medications, stress, etc that is a major factor. These women need to find a way to balance it.

I don't get PMS

If I'm pissed off or grumpy, then I have a good reason and it can happen any time of the month (Note: I don't get grumpy anymore now that the ex is gone ).

Balance is key .

Well aren't you lucky. I'm sorry but I simply cannot accept these generalisations that if you just change your diet and exercise, get rid of stress, that everything will be hunky dory. I am a very happy person. Very upbeat and positive. I have tried so many things to fix PMS and NOTHING works. I don't want to feel like crap with mind numbing pain and irritability. I would rather live my life. A person who does not suffer has NO idea what they are talking about.

If there is a miracle cure by all means let me know. What I DO know is that if men had to experience periods and PMT there WOULD be a cure.

Women spend the majority of their lives with huge hormonal shifts happening on a regular basis. We aren't like the sun, that is pretty much the same every day; we are more like the moon - we are in a constant state of hormonal change. It sucks more for us than it does for anyone around us. Have a little patience, and learn to appreciate our uniqeness. If you can't manage that, then find something else to do when we aren't feeling right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    Well aren't you lucky. I'm sorry but I simply cannot accept these generalisations that if you just change your diet and exercise, get rid of stress, that everything will be hunky dory. I am a very happy person. Very upbeat and positive. I have tried so many things to fix PMS and NOTHING works. I don't want to feel like crap with mind numbing pain and irritability. I would rather live my life. A person who does not suffer has NO idea what they are talking about.

If there is a miracle cure by all means let me know. What I DO know is that if men had to experience periods and PMT there WOULD be a cure.
    Eek. Is that PMS? jk

I didn't intend to generalize my statements. I said that they are major factors. If I give you a cure or treatment then are you not treating some type of 'factor'?

How do you know that I did not find balance and that is the reason I do not experience PMS? Plus everyone is different. We all experience things differently. Hopefully we will understand more about this condition and effectively treat it. It's so common that almost all women have it and can be considered a norm rather than an anomaly.

Things PMS Stands For:

1. Pass My Shotgun

2. Psychotic Mood Shift

3. Perpetual Munching Spree

4. Puffy Mid-Section

5. People Make me Sick

6. Provide Me with Sweets

7. Pardon My Sobbing

8. Pimples May Surface

9. Pass My Sweatpants

10. Plainly; Men Suck

11. Pack My Stuff

12. Potential Murder Suspect

Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

You missed the most obvious: Putting up with Men Syndrome.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I win.
    ________

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast