+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B/f going to wedding alone

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are too old to be letting your emotions rule your behavior.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think he has a little problem with confusing honesty with verbal diarrhea. That comment he made so long ago about not knowing how he would feel after the divorce could easily have been kept to himself.

However, he said it. I can tell you from experience that divorce makes people unsure about all kinds of stuff and, for some reason, makes people almost desperate to communicate, to explain, to be understood. I'm sure he's much better about swallowing injudicious comments now.

Nebula, I really like you. I feel for you. I think I should tell you that your relationship is in jeopardy, not because of him, but because of YOU. Every time you have one of these confrontations and dramas, it's another ounce of poison poured in the well of your happiness.

IMO, you need to get your ass into therapy. It will help. Please feel free to PM me anytime.

nebulachic Guest
    We talked again last night. I was on the phone with him 5 minutes and his other phone rang. He said he thought it was his son and he'd call me back (he usually just says "hang on"). He didn't call back for 30 minutes.

When he did call me back I asked how his son was (I had a feeling it wasn't him). He acted like he didn't hear me so I asked again. He said "That wasn't (son) acutally. It was a woman from the wedding... Susan (he took a while to say her name). I showed you a picture of her." "I dont' remember." I said. "She has an extra ballgame ticket and asked if I wanted to go Sat. She metioned it when I was at the wedding.. I'm surprised she called actually."

This weekend is one we are supposed to get together if he doesn't have his son. I got very quiet. He said "I told her I didn't know because I wasn't sure if I had my son or not". I said "Did you tell her you have plans with your g/f?" "I told her I have other plans too yes."

I froze. I asked him what the hell was going on. "Does she know you even have a g/f?" "Yes I told her I was seeing someone." He said "She's a 250 pound lesbian truck driver for God's sake! She's not a threat!" "How do I know that's even the woman you'd really be going with?" "You think I'm lying to you?" "You could be" I said.

"If you had a reunion with an old friend and wanted to get together with them I wouldn't hold you back!" he said. "Well considering it's after your weekend without me and you seemed to turn your phone off late at night when I was trying to reach you.. and stay longer than you planned.. and you've been acting strange with me since you got back.. and talking about how you really clicked with people up there and talking about moving up there and not including me at all in that .. and now you are willing to give up some of your weekend with me.. don't you think I might be a little bothered? Wouldn't you????" "Well I didnt commit to it.. if you're that upset I won't go!"

He also tried to deter about getting together tonight bcuz he'd have his son. But he always sees friends Fri nights.. "He's not tonight?" I asked. "I don't know. If he does we could get toegether for a few hours but you couldn't stay over though."

WTF????
    Last edited by nebulachic; 19-08-06 at 03:37 AM.

He's either cheating on you already or he's getting ready to. And from his point of view, you're driving him to it. He just got out of a relationship that didn't make him happy. Now he has you acting like Kathy Bates in Misery every time he puts one toe out of line. You're all over him like flies on shit. I'm sure he was looking forward to being away from that kind of relationship, not jump right into another marriage.

From your point of view, he's breaking your heart. You're so unhappy, and you have been for such a long time now. He won't change a thing to try to work with your needs and insecurities, and now he's become evasive and almost sneaky.

Why in the world do you think that you and your bf are compatible? Maybe you are as people, but your lives are intersecting at a perpendicular, not running parallel.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am genuinely feeling like Nebulachic is using this forum to write a soliloquy, and I don't think she is the least bit interested in advice.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

nebulachic Guest
    What should I do if he insists he wants to get together with her????

Deal with it. You can't tell him what to do, and if you try, he'll just lie, lie, lie.

You're pushing him so hard- why? Why are you sabotaging your relationship?

nebulachic Guest
    We met for dinner last night. At first I thought he was trying to blow me off.. and he may have been. I live 40 minutes from him. He said he couldn't reach his son to find out what he was doing (ie, staying at the house with friends...).. that was around 5:00. I started to feel he was going to just keep telling me he couldn't reach him util it got too late to get together.. so I started out towards his place before we confirmed anything.

We met for dinner. At one point he pulled out his camera and brought up the pic of the women in question. "Here's my date for the ballgame tomorrow." he said sarcastically. I eyed him strongly. "Can I meet her?" I asked. "Sure!" he said. "Probably not tomorrow though because I'm just meeting her in town.. we're not driving in together. It would be way out of her way to pick me up."

We finished dinner and at his car he said "Can you do me a big favor?" "What?" I said. "Can you please let me go to the game tomorrow. You know how much I love to play and watch baseball and it's the playoffs and last year I gave the VIP seats I got to my son so he could go with a friend. I'd really hate to miss this." "Tell you what" I said. "I'll let you go if you promise to take a picture of the 2 of you." "OK!" he said. He called her right in front of me and told her he could make it. He looked so happy and relieved.

He better remember to take the picture.. and not to say he coudln't fall in love with someone like that.. but I guess we'll just have to see.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nebulachic View Post
    He better remember to take the picture.. and not to say he coudln't fall in love with someone like that.. but I guess we'll just have to see.
    Get a therapist.

nebulachic: what is the purpose of making him take a pic of the 2 of them? what is that going to prove?

I've read this and your past posts - it's clear you don't trust him, you're insecure, you watch him like a hawk and you analyze his every word. Seems it all started with his comment back at the 5 month mark - where he stupidly told you he didn't know how he'd feel about the relationship with you once his divorce was final. Now I admit, that kind of comment would have been unsettling to me, too...but your mistake was either not getting past that comment OR not ending things with him. By remaining with him, you're suspicious and untrusting and you're only going to totally push him away. Is what you have now, the way to live? It sounds awful to me.

I saw this on lovingyou.com It sounds like you're very insecure about this relationship. I think you should learn to trust your man, sit back and let him do what he likes to do and not what you want him to do. He has a life too. Either way i don't think it could last with you being the way you are towards him.
    Last edited by Lisa20; 20-08-06 at 06:43 PM.

Um. In my opinion - he isn't doing anything wrong. You went into this relationship knowing where he was at in his life - a difficult period, obviously. Stop playing stupid little games, you're 30 not 14! Don't test him to see if he will run off with another girl, talk about insecure! Be confident in your relationship or get out of it.
    You have to understand that he's going through a DIVORCE, have you ever had one of those? I haven't, but I can imagine the difficulty of it and mixed emotions. He got out of a relationship 11 months ago that clearly didn't do anyone any good and now you're acting like you've been together for years and you have some right to be telling him who he can't see. Oh my god, where is the trust? I don't think he's cheating on you, but I do think you might be pushing him away - the whole Phone thing ; well, maybe he's telling the truth about not knowing what happened, or on the other hand - you could be pestering him too much when all he wants is a little bit of time and freedom to catch up with old friends. You're getting hurt, but I have to say you're doing it to yourself! Stop reading so much into EVERYTHING.
    Yes, he may very well love you, but that doesn't mean he's not contemplating other options, freedom is something that is very tempting - but that doesn't mean he WILL leave you, so stop freaking out or you probably will lose him.

P.S. That whole photo taking thing is really weird, are you lacking trust and security THAT MUCH that you need physical evidence?
    Last edited by Venacava; 20-08-06 at 07:36 PM.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

you're being too clingy, you should worry more about that than other woman.

your behavior will be the demise of this relationship. sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12