+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me "decode" please

Agnus has a point. When he's talking about his future children or wife, ask him what kind of wife he envisages.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thanks everyone for all the replies - I didn't expect to get so much response! It seems like everyone here thinks I should just ask the guy out - I'll have to really think about that some before I make that move. Honestly, yeah, I'm a bit chicken.

Actually, there were a number of posters advising you not to mess about with a work mate Especially one who's said he's not into workplace relationships.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Oh, and a nice bit of feminism there - she won't ask him out because if he's not interested it would be awkward. So it's OK for a guy to do it and then feel awkward is it?
    Not sure if you're joking, but that's not feminism .

Lol thanks basilandthyme. And I do hear you. But honestly I think, in this case, that the reward is worth the risk. If I were given a choice between my job or a great long-term relationship with the right guy, I'd be looking for a new job. And what if this is the right guy?

And in response to Boisdevie, I never said that it's okay for anybody to feel awkward. That's one of the reasons I'm trying to get a better idea of what/how he's feeling. Again, if he doesn't feel the same way I do, there's no point in putting either of us in an awkward position.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalthea1978 View Post
    Thanks everyone for all the replies - I didn't expect to get so much response! It seems like everyone here thinks I should just ask the guy out - I'll have to really think about that some before I make that move. Honestly, yeah, I'm a bit chicken.
    No, it seems like NOT everyone is telling you to ask him at all. However, if you insist on pursuing someone who has outright said that he's againt dating within the company, then you should ask him because that is the only way you get a difinitive answer about his interest.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 05-10-13 at 12:29 AM. Reason: reworded
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12