4 33.33%

5 41.67%
  • American Werewolf In London

4 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Voting for movies poll. Season # 5

I have voted, dollhouse but I voted 1 vote for each movie as not to change the current ratings prior since in checking whose movies were in the top two tie and both members have not had a movie win yet and run a review so I think it was only fair of me to let it play out and have you decide how you'd like to end the tie. Because I wasn't asked to break any ties this time around. Good luck. Look forward to reviewing either movies or if decided both.

I am certainly open to whatever the group decides, but just my two cents...

I don't think we should focus on two movies. I think, somehow, we just break the tie and decide on one. I just think it works better when we are all discussing the same movie at the same time. If we pick two movies then you have some of us watching one, some of us watching the other, and so we split up the group and have less of a conversation.

That is just my thought, though. As always, I am open to whatever the group decides as a whole.

i'd prefer to only review one movie same as jester said in his post above and also because i don't have the time to do two of them right now. i see mine is in a tie with another and is only a two way tie now whereas it was a three way tie when i last logged in here. if you do a tie breaker then you probably won't need me or breathe or pc? to be involved, only the ones not in the tie? so however it comes out i am ok with it. thought i'd quickly give you my thoughts and log back out.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Looks like poll is over.
    The Birds and The Thing are tied, dollhouse.

I have trouble logging in here because it is way too slow for me lately, idk why.

But I'd prefer only one movie for review like TEJ and Exeter said. So 3 votes for doing only one movie not both that are tied.
    How are you breaking the tie? Yourself, with another vote? Public, private? Send me a PM to alert me if you need another vote off me.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Okay going with the majority who weighed in so far and topazlight saying she'd back my decision so that makes five and makes it a majority... so, we will not do reviews for two movies only one movie... so that means we need to re vote... and I had a bitch of a time creating a poll before so not interested in re creating another ( no thanks!) so can the people whose movies are not involved in the tie vote for one of the two movies again then? [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] [MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION] [MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION] [MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION] and if tied again I'll break it myself this time so things get moving on.

You can write in your vote for either The Birds or The Thing in this same thread.

Thank you.

God, I have to say, this one is hard for me. I know of both movies, but have neither seen them. Both are classics. I've never really sought either of them out to watch.... but I always figured I kind of should even if just because they are so classic. I checked out the previews for both just now to get some idea.... and it didn't really help because it looks like I would enjoy both. So, I'm really torn.

But, I will say, between the two, the preview for "The Birds" did grab me a little more. So, I guess my vote is:

The Birds

(Side note: As far as "The Thing," I am assuming we are talking about the 1982 original and not the 2011 prequel.)

Thank you, TheEvilJester... Wish we just had a clear winner no ties and then I could have made up the review thread when first on today but .. *sigh* .. no. I'll only vote if we tie a second time. Please God, not again lol.

I will go see what Exeter19 wrote in my suggest your movie thread about his movie and then copy paste it back in here for you... because I am not sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is what he wrote:

i'd give that older director movie theme another vote, along with a vote for pc's fantasy theme.

if horror is the final decision i'll pick - the thing (1982) directed by john carpenter as my horror movie then.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, have to leave for my workplace soon.. so I'll come back in a few days to check what we have for votes and if all voted and no ties I'll create the movie review thread for all of us.

Good luck!

I've never seen The Thing so purely off wanting to review a movie I've never seen before I would pick The Thing. That is nothing against the other movie but if I had to pick over two movies to watch I would always go for the movie I haven't seen before first.

Ok ~ so voting is going again? I see another tie coming on this :[ I can't vote, right? I would have watched & reviewed both movies.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I think one of the movies tied was your suggestion, isn't that right, breathe? If so, then I'd say maybe the other folks whose movies didn't win should chime in first. Then, if not enough of them do and/or the tie-breaker also ends in a tie, then maybe we'd have the peeps who suggested the two winning movies chime in, and also maybe ask a few non-members to vote as well in hopes of breaking the tie.

...Or, Hell, maybe at that point we just flip a freaking coin. LOL!

so one each atm? look if it ties again after your second vote, dollhouse just scrap mine and breathe's movie can have it. i don't care either way i'll still watch and review the other movie.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION], yes ~ The Birds was what I suggested the other was The Babadook but it didn't get as far. I'm thinking Jffs will vote the Thing and maybe megvoh will vote The Birds, IDK but if they do it will result in another tie since you voted The Birds ( thank you) and topazlight voted The Thing.

[MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] ~ no don't back out, let dollhouse decide if it ties again to how we fix it. Like I said I'd review both :]
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Looks like my movie got shut out in the last leg of this -- so now we are to vote between the two with 7 votes each -- The Thing and The Birds? Rofl breathe is right -- my vote goes to Exeter's movie The Thing because out of both choices that movie is imo closest to my movie The Fly and the one I'd most want to watch. So who is left to vote this part of the tie? and what happens when it ties again? I can't get on much at the moment so I would be around if you do another vote on this. So this is my vote here. ^
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

It looks like multiple choice poll always ends up with no clear winner. We should make single choice polls in the future.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

i think breathe nailed it and i believe in will be tied again as well when megvoh votes again. i just wanted to drop the pressure off dollhouse by not continuing with how to break a second tie.
    William Blake

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast