+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only guy who hates things like Twilight and Jonas Brothers with a passion?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Oh, ick. Vampire movies. I don't like that trend of apocalyptic films. That's the heart of focus in the film industry these days.
    Yea and they are all really bad....like 2012...that ****in sucked.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

I like apocalyptic films, especially zombie movies. I just don't give a shit about Twilight or the Jonas Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by siobhan123 View Post
    I don't think you can say girls who like twilight are immature and lusting after being treated like Bella. I read the books when they first came out before all the hype of Robert patterson and enjoyed them because they're my kind of thing, as I'm sure did alot of teenage girls.
    Well, what exactly about it appeals to you? The obsessive romance? The fantasy that maybe vampires and werewolves do exist? Not immature you say? A former student's mother and her friends all took a vacation to Forks, Washington, the town that Twilight is set in. He said that they were all excited about maybe having an "Edward sighting".

Not at all, i like reading fantasy books where your mind goes into a completely other world. we all know vampires and werewolves dont exist in real life, but its nice to get away from every day life once in a while. You cant call that immature. What about people who read love stories? loves nothing like it comes across in books, but just because it's a man and a women and not a vampire does that mean its not immature? not all girls read twilight for edward cullen and then become obsessed with him and to suggest they do because they want to me "bella" is absolutely ridiculous.

I know not all girls feel this way, but the vast majority do. I work for Barnes & Noble and we had Stephanie Meyer do a signing at my store back East. INSANITY. Girls in Twilight shirts with dark eyeliner and vampy red lipstick all over the friggin' place. And the whole Team Edward vs. Team Jacob thing got way out of hand. I still work for B&N and our store is right next to an AMC. So when New Moon got released we had tweenies EVERYWHERE. They're loud and giggly and obnoxious and hate them.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nowomannocry View Post

If I ever saw, for example, the guy from Avatar I'd probably crack his skull open.

then again, this guy in the wheelchair was also part terminator and he'd crack your skull open.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12