+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather Love or Be Loved?

yeah, one position is particulary akward, one of my best friends girlfriends has a crush on me, everyone knows it, including him.
    I feel realy bad about it and dont know how to react when she keeps asking me for hugs, usualy I just give her a quick one when I dont think he is looking.
    I dont want to be harsh to her, but I have to consider him too.

Lucid i dunno how old you are but you certainly are mature
    [URL=http://portse.ipbhost.com]Keystroke Community[/URL]

Well, I've experienced it all. I've loved, but not been loved in return. I have had someone love me, but I did not have the same feelings for him. Currently, I have found someone that I love and he loves me in return.

There is nothing more special then being loved both ways. If I had to choose between one of the two. I would choose neither. For one brings heartache to myself and the other brings heartache to another person (then, in turn, makes you feel awful for hurting someone).

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

I remember a time when I thought that mutual feelings where more common than feelings that where not...

Oh and thanks Elysium, Ive just turned 18.
    But I think maturity is something I need a little less of at my age, sometimes people my age group see maturity as boring. Though I am making alot of progress being immature when the need arises.

LOL don't do that - you are who you are, and trying to be something else will only cause trouble.

I found that in the space of about 2-3 weeks I can change my personalety, if I try hard enough, and realy have the will to change.
    Last week I made the decision to try and be more of a fun party guy, yesterday I found myself singing to Pink Floyd at a pub karaoke with my mates I realy enjoyed that, and we all agreed its the best night out he had had in ages!

Pink Floyd rocks!

I'm with you Lucid. Bloody irritating how maturity seems so damn boring nowadays. I am turning 18 in November Anyway, I haven't really tried to be some sort of party guy before, haha. It's not even legal for Singaporean under 18 to go to discos, pubs etc.

Regarding my previous post, when I was 15 I passed off as an 18 year old to watch some movie forbidden to people below that age (because of violence, not sex in case you are wondering). So I don't think it would be too hard for me to get into a pub. Anyway, less than a month to go!

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    in California, you've got to be 21+ to drink ...

but back on subject ... I've been through all situations and I can only speak of having love be a shared thing ... because I can't describe how good it feels to be held by your love and really WANT it ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

i think they have to happen together. i would say to be loved is better, but if i didn't love the person, them loving me wouldn't mean all that much. and i guess we can all agree that loving someone without reciprocation definately sucks!

Luvtif, they don't have to happen together. Just browsing this forum would tell you how many people have loved but not been loved back. Then the people they loved are the ones who were loved but didn't love back.

oh i know it happens that way. i didn't mean that they have to happen together. i meant for me to enjoy either of them, they would have to happen together.

Oh... of course

I remember one of my friends telling me that his parents told him this once:

***WARNING THERE IS SOME CHINESE BECAUSE IT PROBABLY WOULDN'T SERVE IT'S PURPOSE UNLESS I PUT IT DOWN BUT I WILL ALSO TRANSLATE***

To be loved by somebody is very "hung fook" (lucky), but to love someone at times can be very "tong foo" (painful). I thought about it, and sometimes I think it is true. Now bear in mind those two statements are not being referred to as something that is happen concurrently but rather individually. Think about it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast