+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ppl are such assholes.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think a lot of ppl think that insurance covers everything. Those that think at all, I suppose.

Bo, that sucks. I feel for you. We had someone ding our rental car earlier this month in a car park. We had insurance, but we still had to cough up another $100 for the deductible.

I had another instance a couple years ago where someone cornered our car in a lot. Some conscientious person actually watched it happen from their car, wrote down the licence, took a photo & then, after they were sure the gal was really leaving, they wrote down all these details & left a note w/ their number on my car. This was very helpful for contacting the insurance co.

If you want to help catch these ppl and keep insurance costs down, I recommend you do this. Its very easy these days with cell phone cameras, you need not confront anyone directly.

And to anyone who might think of taking off: I wouldn't. For the same reasons, you don't know who might have seen you. I think the insurance co also went after some kind of hit & run charge for the gal who dinged our car.

The moral: not all ppl suck, there are still some decent ppl out there.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Why do people idolize their cars so much? I mean, they're just cars; overpriced, factory made, motorized pieces of metal with leathered plush interior and all the electronic luxury bullshit that comes with it.

What are they investing in? Is that the best way they can express themselves with a few thousand dollars? I just don't get it.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't. For me a car is a tool. That said, my husband finds my attitude appalling. I'm a Top Gear widow at least a couple times a week.

My girlfriend seems to have the same kind of attitude as you, Indi. Yeah, I agree that a car is just a tool.

The way a lot of people prioritize things really has me baffled. It makes about as much sense as a rich grave digger with a golden spade.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, in my husband's case, he just enjoys things that are very well made.

And I think he was impressed on a trip to Germany & his 1st time on the autobahn.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I don't. For me a car is a tool. That said, my husband finds my attitude appalling. I'm a Top Gear widow at least a couple times a week.
    lol!!!! i have to laugh at this comment coz my whole family have been into cars and when i buy a car; like indi it's a tool to get from A to B for me..they go nuts at my attitude, they love their cars, not me, it doesn't bother me either way, i would love to have a car that had no emmissions, thats what i truely want, not some fancy show off car
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 31-12-08 at 12:55 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Well I enjoy things that are hand-made

The Autobahn huh? I'd like to see it, but I am more eager about the Maglevs.

my tool is costing me a thousand dollars right now.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    my tool is costing me a thousand dollars right now.
    Damn, for what?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yup civics are the most common cars that thieves prey on. and in this day and age.. alarms don't do jack shit.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

My friend's car got stolen like this and they spray painted the seats also.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    yup civics are the most common cars that thieves prey on. and in this day and age.. alarms don't do jack shit.

raverboy
    The Integra also. It is because Honda designed them in such a retarded way that any idiot with a coat hanger can get in.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Its a good thing to not have anything worth stealing.
    Don't expect anything.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    eh life is a lot harder without a car. at least it when you go from having a car and then having no car. it actually sucks shit. I have work and school. i actually have to go back and forth between two schools. which makes not having a car even worse now. I can't get where i need to go right when i need to, i have to be driven everywhere by family members. Which i really dislike because i love to be independent and just do my own thing.
    fcukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Stop whining. You ever used public transport? walked on foot? Seen life beyond your secure shell?
    Don't expect anything.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast