+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A different Journey - going for the friend

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    For one, you feel she's playing a game so int he process your going to USE her friend to HURT your ex? That's a pretty shitty thing to do, no matter what has happened. In the end you will be the one that will get hurt the most, why would you want that? You really think yoru Ex would take you back after you used someone she knows to get back at her?
    The friend was nice, and called me to get together. If something happens great - if not no big deal. I told her that I still have feelings for my ex and needed some time. She understood. My ex might not even get jealous - after all she's with another guy that she obviously likes more than me.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well it sounds like your mind is made up and your going to do what you want. I have shared my 2 cents and that's all I have to say. Good Luck to you!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

All in all, he did mention to this new girl that he still has feelings for ex. She should be able to use her brains and see what may potentially happen here.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

I'm sure they'll workout.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yea I know, I'm not trying to mean or anything, I just disagree with the games and all.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Thanks everyone for your responses. I understand and I really appreciate your help. Hey Tone, no hard feelings bro. You've always been a big help.
    The friend did contact me first though, and she's the one that showed interest. I could be missing out on something. I do, however, as you all know, still have feelings for my ex, and the whole jealousy game crossed my mind and it is very appealing.

Sounds like your ex is over you anyways, so might as well try to move on and if this girl is pursuing you then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    Sounds like your ex is over you anyways, so might as well try to move on and if this girl is pursuing you then go for it.
    Yeah, I completely agree.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I understand and I really appreciate your help. Hey Tone, no hard feelings bro. You've always been a big help.
    The friend did contact me first though, and she's the one that showed interest. I could be missing out on something. I do, however, as you all know, still have feelings for my ex, and the whole jealousy game crossed my mind and it is very appealing.
    Yeah man, no worries, like I said - I've been there, I know what it's like. I've had thoughts of goin out with the first available girl just to try to make someone jealous, too.

Hey as long as the friend understands you have feelings for your ex, then sure why not go for it. Never know what may happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MastaPDiddy
    Yeah, I completely agree.
    Me three.....................sounds like your ex is over you completely.

You're free to move on and start a new relationship and dating.

Tell us how it goes?

Does anyone remember the FAMILY TIES episode (remember Michael J. Fox)....that after he and Ellen broke up he took out a girl that looked like her and acted like her, and then he even tried to make her BE even more like her. It was funny, but kind of in a sad way.

I know what I know from 80's sitcoms.
    Last edited by clynn; 01-12-05 at 05:10 AM.

omg journ you have got to be kidding me. i think maybe you got defensive with tone because you know he's right. getting with her for the sake of making your ex jealous is wrong on many levels. this is starting to sound like an obsession. are you obsessed,journey? sounds like it.

i would hate to date a guy that went out with me because he wanted to mess with my friend.

anyway you do what you will. i'll offer you this though... this will turn out bad, explode in your face, and humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    omg journ you have got to be kidding me. i think maybe you got defensive with tone because you know he's right. getting with her for the sake of making your ex jealous is wrong on many levels. this is starting to sound like an obsession. are you obsessed,journey? sounds like it.

i would hate to date a guy that went out with me because he wanted to mess with my friend.

anyway you do what you will. i'll offer you this though... this will turn out bad, explode in your face, and humiliate you.
    I'm feeling better now, a month after the dump. I know she's totally gone. I was probably obsessed for a while. This thought of using the friend to make her jealous just crossed my mind last night and I thought I would just throw it out there to hear some responses. It's pretty unanimous that its the wrong road to choose.

I need to move on though, and the friend showed interest. She also knows that I still have feelings for my ex. In fact- I have an update: She just called 30 minutes ago! Yes indeed. We meet tomorrow.

Well, that's somethin'

indigosoul Guest
    Tone: +1000 for the awesome advice

This will end badly. At worst he's using her; at best she's his rebound. Poor girl either way.

Yes, either way it's bad for her, but he has told her he's not over his ex and she still pursues him. So, in my opinion it's her own fault for not backing off when he told her that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast