+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Single, but I don't flirt?

wow, standing ovation, so you're the cool guy eh?hehe

hi guy!
    i think that you don't shy or dont have confidence but you really dont want to talk with them. love only appear when you really like someone and want to live beside them. dont force yourself to do anything if you dont want.wish you all the best!
    New website launches to help single guys and gals everywhere.

[URL="http://www.getpickuplines.com"][/URL]

Still struggling with this, its killing me
    I still haven't flirted with a single girl since posting this thread.

Anyone got any tips

Quote Originally Posted by bazM View Post
    Still struggling with this, its killing me
    I still haven't flirted with a single girl since posting this thread.

Anyone got any tips
    Yeah, I have a tip for you.

Last Saturday, I was at a St. Patrick's party. I started talking with a very cute girl, and we talked for hours ... no flirting, just talking, joking, etc. She is a friend of a female friend of mine.

The next day, my friend called me and told me her friend said "Wow, I just love (hyperbole) your friend Carl. He's funny, witty and so easy to talk with!"

My point isn't to brag, my point is that if you just relax and be yourself, you don't have to have a plan ... if you are impressive, she will be impressed. But you have to stop tripping on your own tongue (or your own d**k) to allow this to come out. I wasn't even hitting on her!

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 19-03-09 at 06:45 AM.

What Carl did is a great example of how to attract a girl you like. It seems to me that your problem above everything else is that you are to focus on flirting to be comfortable in your own skin. Its strange, but you find a girl you like when you stop looking.

I went downtown last night with a good friend of mine who just turned 21 and is a good looking girl. I didn't go with the intention of meeting girls or to get plastered I was going as more of a cock block for my friend since bars bring out sleaze bags. After I got there I was introduced to some friends of hers from her sorority, one of them I found particularly cute but didn't think anything of it since I am perfectly happy flying solo atm. Well come to find out she thought I was really cute and we started talking, one thing lead to another and we were out dancing and having a great time. Kissed her goodnight, got her number, parted ways and went home. Talked to her today and she came over and hung out with me for the evening. I have a date with her Friday...

I don't want to be negative about it, but you wont find someone until you stop focusing on flirting and start having fun. If you're focused on flirting you wont be yourself and attract women. They can tell if you are being yourself of just acting the part. Relax, be happy with yourself and don't worry about flirting, she will come.

Trust me, I use to feel like you do now, its really not hard once you find your calm. Its all just a matter of being patient and waiting for the right one, don't push it.
    Last edited by Cbrider; 19-03-09 at 03:41 PM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

So now you have two real-life examples of how to get the girl without even trying. Flirting is not something you learn (none of us are players) but something that comes naturally when you are attracted and relaxed. All you really have to do (as CB suggested) is learn how to relax.

I'm sure you have female friends and acquaintances who are either unavailable or you aren't attracted to. I'm guessing that you have no trouble talking with them. Approach the available and attractive girls exactly the same way ... the really sexy ones will appreciate a guy who doesn't start hitting on her (flirting) with the first words out of his mouth.

You might try this to practice: Say to yourself "I'm going to meet one girl today and NOT try to pick her up no matter how well it goes." Of course, if it really goes well, you can back out of that promise.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 19-03-09 at 09:43 PM.

Another solid tip is that hot girls have hot friends. Its scientific law.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

If you don't put out (flirt), nothing will come back.
    Match a girls breathing (biorhythms) and you will find things will go much better.

Quote Originally Posted by lostbutfound4u View Post
    If you don't put out (flirt), nothing will come back.
    Match a girls breathing (biorhythms) and you will find things will go much better.
    Pure Nonsense.

next

do what you want

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Being 'professional', btw, can be a great method if not taken too far. Girls will see you as a challenge
    I agree

I am the same way...and it has worked a few times
    Relationships are never a threat, cause I'll Erase the history and act like we never met

--Joe Budden

Did they approach you first to talk to them when you were younger, so you didn't have to try that much?

Maybe you just want to be single for now, and don't want to flirt, or are shy, there's lots of reasons.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

hi -- there is your answer

Want to know something, if you say hi and then walk off, it really isnt that wierd. So next girl you are interested in just randomly blurt ouy HI!

they will answer back HI!

and then u can say something like so whatcha doin?

And then she is going to answer

HOLY SHIT YOU MADE CONVERSATION AND GUESS WHAT NOW ITS ON HER TO MAKE THE REST OF THE CONVERSATION UP

lol anyway good luck mate you got it, for ur first few attempts stay away from that girl surronded by all the guys =P

Im still trying to figure out how to flirt, theres this girl I really like for over 4 months and still dont know how to ask her out?
    I always think if she likes me she would ask me out.
    ~Hoss~

Quote Originally Posted by supernova415 View Post
    Want to know something, if you say hi and then walk off, it really isnt that wierd. So next girl you are interested in just randomly blurt ouy HI!

they will answer back HI!

and then u can say something like so whatcha doin?

And then she is going to answer

HOLY SHIT YOU MADE CONVERSATION AND GUESS WHAT NOW ITS ON HER TO MAKE THE REST OF THE CONVERSATION UP

lol anyway good luck mate you got it, for ur first few attempts stay away from that girl surronded by all the guys =P
    yea that happens, but (if maybe) he's one of those guys that is self-concoious? I know most girls would think you're weird for just saying hi outta random....I am self-concious at times, and it stops me from doing that....

I do that sometimes and most of the time i get a "hi" back, but what to say next is hard (for me atleast..)

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    Pure Nonsense.
    lol

To bazm: i have a question...
    when or if you talk to girls, are you self-concious? like are you worried what you say will push them away or weird them out?

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    What Carl did is a great example of how to attract a girl you like. It seems to me that your problem above everything else is that you are to focus on flirting to be comfortable in your own skin. Its strange, but you find a girl you like when you stop looking.

I went downtown last night with a good friend of mine who just turned 21 and is a good looking girl. I didn't go with the intention of meeting girls or to get plastered I was going as more of a cock block for my friend since bars bring out sleaze bags. After I got there I was introduced to some friends of hers from her sorority, one of them I found particularly cute but didn't think anything of it since I am perfectly happy flying solo atm. Well come to find out she thought I was really cute and we started talking, one thing lead to another and we were out dancing and having a great time. Kissed her goodnight, got her number, parted ways and went home. Talked to her today and she came over and hung out with me for the evening. I have a date with her Friday...

I don't want to be negative about it, but you wont find someone until you stop focusing on flirting and start having fun. If you're focused on flirting you wont be yourself and attract women. They can tell if you are being yourself of just acting the part. Relax, be happy with yourself and don't worry about flirting, she will come.

Trust me, I use to feel like you do now, its really not hard once you find your calm. Its all just a matter of being patient and waiting for the right one, don't push it.
    what he said. You will find someone when you stop trying to look for someone.

This is true in my case.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast