+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Only Flirt Within Your League?

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Was he even famous before the Matrix? I mean, I know he was in Bill & Ted, but I'm pretty sure everyone forgot about him three months after the film debuted.

This was when he was filming 2 & 3 of the Matrix in Sydney in 2001.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Was he even famous before the Matrix? I mean, I know he was in Bill & Ted, but I'm pretty sure everyone forgot about him three months after the film debuted.
    I think he was in "Speed" before "Matrix", wasn't he?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think he was in "Speed" before "Matrix", wasn't he?
    Yes ... and also The Devil's Advocate (with Al Pacino and Charlize Theron).

Carl.

i don't think this question can be fairly asked and one can expect an answer that would apply to others from it, male or female would make a big difference for starters as would what that person themselves looks like.

Was he even famous before the Matrix?
    Devil's Advocate
    Point Break
    Speed
    The Lake House
    The Day the Earth Stood Still
    The Replacements
    Johnny Mnemonic
    A Walk in the Clouds
    Constantine
    A Scanner Darkly

The problem is, much of the time they are parts requiring acting, and well, he just acts like himself in a movie. Kind of like Jack Nicholson as Jack Nicholson in every movie... or Christian Slater as Jack Nicholson in every movie...
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

So, you're asking about ladder theory and if it really applies in the case of flirting? Is that what the OP is curious about?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's an odd question. How do you decide what league someone is in?

Am I in one league in a lab coat & another if I'm digging dirt in my backgarden? Would I only be approachable in one of those situations? That sucks.

Don't you just smile and make friendly with ppl who meet whatever criteria you have for 'person of interest'? Ignore the rest?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha I';m sorry ladies but you've all been firmly slotted into leagues, even if you didn't know it.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Really? I'd love to know what my 'league' is, do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post

The problem is, much of the time they are parts requiring acting, and well, he just acts like himself in a movie. Kind of like Jack Nicholson as Jack Nicholson in every movie... or Christian Slater as Jack Nicholson in every movie...

Haha totally agree with everything here.

ya, everyone has been slotted into leagues. if you happen to know what yours is and it's a "better" one, the answer is no, you do not go looking for people outside of that league. usually it's defined by attractiveness.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Am I in one league in a lab coat & another if I'm digging dirt in my backgarden?
    No. Not really.

Male "leagues" are almost wholly defined by physical attractiveness. I'm afraid things like occupation or intelligence don't really enter into it.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I arrange my leagues differently. Money doesn't scare me away. People who flaunt their money do. If you're wearing cheaply made but expensively bought clothing I'm going to avoid you like the plague. If your makeup is absolutely perfect, if every hair is in place, your clothes haven't got a single wrinkle in them, I'm also going to avoid you.

There's the snooty, self-absorbed, outwardly extravagant but inwardly vacant league, and then there's the rest. And if you belong to the second league I don't care how hot your are, I'll still make an attempt.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I have no choice but to flirt outside (beneath) my league most of the time. Absolutely stellar men are very rare.

No, but really, I've never encountered a man I thought was out of my league.
    Spammer Spanker

I suppose it depends on the league of the man (or woman). If league means how approachable that woman is to him then first he must determine why he feels that way. Kind of like his % chance of getting rejected study he must do to himself?

Many women do not approach so that is why they don't say league...unless league means her chance of having and wanting a meaningful relationship with him. A woman knows she can sex (one night stand) almost any man independent of her "permanent" looks...she can simply wear certain clothes or say she is a slut hehe. The man of course may feel she is under his "league" if he wants but it really doesn't matter for him in terms of sex. For relationships it requires more than looks or social status to maintain a relationship.

Like Dasein said there are many people who have sexed the famous, rich, wealthy, celebrity, and model. I really like how a famous person comes to another country (or region) and "hangout" with you. It makes them feel human and originary again.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast