+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: cleaning, ugh.

Well, why clean today if the place is dirty tommorrow anyway? At least in some persons eyes...

This will sound more vulgar than I usually advocate, but that is like asking, "Why bother wiping after you take a dump? You're just going to have to do it again tomorrow".

Well, for me, I clean when the room gets so called dirty enough, to not say dirty.
    Just few dust scratches on the floor doens't make the place a mess and you don't have to start playing with your vacuum cleaner. Let the cat live!

But actually I think I am too clean about ass wiping... How can some people do it in a minute? Do they eat only fries or something?

PM you if we want to here more about your cleaning problems?...why the hell would anyone do that?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

some people want to know virgin. you should see all the pm's i got man people are dying to hear all about it.

actually i didn't get any in reference to this. well, it's probably because the girls already know what i'm talking about.

virgin, do womankind a favor and help clean the house when you live with a girlfriend.

About overcleaning:

There may be some truth to this..

I mean, I was also brought up with a cleaning mentality. I generally keep my place clean..but I've come to realize a few things. I like organization more so than anything. As far as dusting..I would do it out of habbit. I'd hear my mother's voice any time I'd spot some dust on my bookshelves or TV or any piece of furniture that fills up a house. Then I came to realize, you know, that's part of the reason my mom could never get any rest. There is just TOO much to dust. If you take it from top to bottom, by the time you get done, the first thing you cleaned has dust again and it's an endless cycle!

Now I'm a little bit easier on myself about dusting, but I still don't let stuff just lie around if I can help it. My place is small so sometimes there's no choice but to just stuff something as out of the way as you can, but not really completely covert..

When I see the dust, though, I still get a guilty feeling...but I'm working towards letting it bother me less. Just let the dust BE!...it's not worth the time it takes to clean it...unless it does..

That is to say...maybe if my work was cut in half (if I was living with someone and she helped) then it may be worth the hour or two (each) a week it would take to keep a place sparkly clean.

well if there is such a thing as "overcleaning" then there is also undercleaning. and that's my situation.

thanks for all your replies by the way.

i called a cleaning lady and she's coming over tuesday to talk about how much she'll charge us. maybe i can work out a deal with her cause she's trying to learn english and i can trade lessons for cleaning sessions. i don't know, i'm perfectly willing to pay her too.

Tone Guest
    Do you have that big a place that you need a cleaning lady? Or are you guys that strapped for time? Seems like a waste of money to me. =/

we have a big house. and two cats and a dog, and we both work and go to school. i cannot do all this by myself and anything i've done to try to get my boyfriend to help doesn't work. it's either hire a cleaning lady or i'm moving out, no shit.

Tone Guest
    Bah what a jerk! No way I'd let my woman have to hire a cleaning lady when all it takes is to help out a bit... waste of money =/

tell me about it. i don't think it takes much either. i have told him that if he doesn't want to help that i'm moving out. he thinks i just say it to be mean but i really am serious about it. he doesn't get it. he doesn't know how to clean. his mom did it all for him. i blame her.

Tone Guest
    No, blame him. It's not like learning to clean requires intense 9 weeks of training.. he could at least, out of respect and love for you, TRY to learn and TRY to help out with the cleaning. IMO he's just being lazy and mean.

i think you're right.

but what do i do?

Tone Guest
    Well..
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    i have told him that if he doesn't want to help that i'm moving out. he thinks i just say it to be mean but i really am serious about it. he doesn't get it.
    I'd make sure he realizes you're being dead serious here. And tell him what I told you, that he should make an effort to try out of love and respect for you, cause helping cleaning the house you two SHARE isn't asking very much at all, especially for your girlfriend. I mean wtf, you're a man and your woman is asking you to help her.. I don't understand why he is actin the way he does.

But let him know this is something serious to you and go from there.

i have many times. like i said we've been in a few big arguments over it. our only three big arguments have been over cleaning. i really have tried.

he says he'll help but only does things when i tell him to. there's no initiative there. i've told him this too. i don't want to nag him to do shit all the time, that's not the kind of girlfriend i wanna be.

i would hate to have a cleaning issue be the end of us. but i fear the frustration will be too much.

and then when he does help he does a half-ass job. it frustrates me to watch him he doesn't know how to clean, seriously.

this man, oh tone you're not gonna like this one... he will actually sit around and play video games or f.uck around while i'm cleaning the house.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast