+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I don't like the way he talks.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Kudos to you Trexy for being able to make decisions based on the reality of *what is* and not some fantasy of what you *hope* is true. Too many ppl do the latter and waste so much time in bad relationships. You are well on the road to self-respect.

If I raised a reasonable concern and someone I was dating refused to acknowledge my point and then insulted me, I'd dump him as well.
    Its not jumping the gun, its making a good decision based on available data.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Be afraid of people that say "make love" to you, and "I ****ed her" to there mind and friends... At least the ones who say it directly are real. The rest about class etc. are not an issue. It's obvious all real expressions in love-sex-whatever you like to call it are acceptable as soon as you show respect to the other side.

And believe me I have enormous respect to many girls the ****ed me (or I did..)

I don't think it's really offensive as much as lame. I mean who says that to their g/f or b/f? That's a term you use out w/ your friends out at a bar or something bullshitting around. Shit made me laugh. I'm gonna walk up to a girl in the bar and try out "Hey let's go have a shag!" LOL.

He is probably not the most romantic guy in the world, true. But as long as he is treating you nice and respectful, you shouldn't take that talk too serious. Maybe you read too many romance novels :-). I agree it is lame, but I wouldn't dumb someone over asking me if I want to get layed instead of saying do you want to make love.

I was'nt and did'nt dump him over the comment,he was dumped because he did not give a shit about my feelings when I told him it bother's me and when he said I was bi-polor that was the last straw.

If I told my GF I wanted to Make Love to her, she'd kick me out of bed in disgust. Sex is a primal act....let's not dumb it down by calling it love making.

It really about personality. If a women insisted I call it that, shes clearly not the girl for me.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    If I told my GF I wanted to Make Love to her, she'd kick me out of bed in disgust. Sex is a primal act....let's not dumb it down by calling it love making.

It really about personality. If a women insisted I call it that, shes clearly not the girl for me.
    Do you really ask her if she wants to "get laid", though? I mean, I find the "making love" thing a bit too sappy for regular use, but still, I don't see why some degree of class can't be expected. Also, I don't think the original poster was insisting it be called "making love".
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Trexy View Post
    I was'nt and did'nt dump him over the comment,he was dumped because he did not give a shit about my feelings when I told him it bother's me and when he said I was bi-polor that was the last straw.
    Yea... Some of us understand that... and totally get why you did it. Others... well seems they take the Opost far too literally and fail to see the big picture.

Tell us, what did he do/say when you broke up with him?

If I told my GF I wanted to Make Love to her, she'd kick me out of bed in disgust.
    Somehow I don't believe she would.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 26-11-11 at 12:35 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Tell us, what did he do/say when you broke up with him?
    Ha, ha, I guess something like "I don't give a "make love" about it" !

oh you are so funny Wakeup,you actually have the same attitude as my ex.

Hey.. wait a min. that's an insult. :o) "sssspandex" was just quoting me. ;o)
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

sorry wakeup I meant sssspanos

I keep funny - and I like it... In fact I felt like I understood his point of view in this whole story. Didnt want to be offensive anyway. He's allready your ex so I guess case closed!

Have a nice day!

I don't know about the rest of you but I can't remember a time in my life when someone used the term "making love" in a serious conversation man or woman. Times change and along with it the language that we use. If my wife ever was saying something about us "making love" i'd find it hard not to laugh because to me it's not about the words, she knows how much I love her and show her that everyday. The difference between saying "make love" and "sex" is very small now I can understand someone not liking it described as laid or ****ing.

it was not in a conversation,it was after I got him off and he turned around and said oh and if you want to get laid in the middle of the night just wake me up.I would have prefered him to have said,You know you can always wake me up to have sex,or I would be happy to return the favour if your in the mood later something along those lines.We never used the term making love and I was'nt expecting it but I was'nt expecting getting laid either.To clairify why I broke up with him was his lack of concern for my feelings and his smart ass remark he made saying I must be bi-polor a term he call's his ex wife frequently.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast