+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My boyfriend never complments me

i don't think he UNDERSTANDS your need darling.

send him this link and tell him you really think it true !
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg523_1Jkes]YouTube - How to Attract Women : Compliments for Attracting Women[/url]

goodluck
    Meshulam.

Always remember - relationships are hard work !
    Check out my blog at http://thepromall.com/blog/

I think women give higher regard to compliments than men, i mean its rare to hear a guy to say that he's not complemented enough . I'm not saying that when we do receive them that were not flattered. The point I'm trying to make is that because we don't look at complements as necessary to a healthy relationship we tend not to realize the importance of them. At the end of the day a women wants to know that shes appreciated by her man. i had some personal experience in the topic. My ex would call me up and tend to say things like 'hello gorgeous' or 'hello sexy' after a few phone calls of her doing so i realized that she was looking for me to compliment her which i picked up on, luckily. She would also say things like you don't compliments people much do you. I immediately realized what she was trying to say and teased her about not giving compliments either and then ended with a casual compliment, she seemed happy with me. Anyway after this drunken post of mine, my advice would be to make him realize that compliments are important to you. Somehow. That's where i cant help you.

Hahaha

Give a girl TOO many compliments and she feels smothered

Give her NONE and she's wondering where they're at?

*whew*...you might just have to accept that is the way this guy is.

You know, I never thought I could date a guy who doesn't shower me with compliments. Now I am dating a guy who doesn't really like to receive compliments and doesn't think to give them. He is an awesome guy, tells me he loves me all the time and goes out of his way to show it in a million ways. So I have two responses, one is to tell him what I need and want and try to figure out ways to help him learn or adjust and the other is to look at all the positives in the relationship and decide if they are worth not getting those compliments, because people can work to change habits, but a guy who doesn't compliment at all probably won't become the guy who showers compliments all the time even if he works on it.

confidence is a big factor. looks fade.

you should be so confident that it intimidates him sometimes.

this triggers a lot of men to chase.

seeking approval is the worst way to gain a man's affection.

i kinda despise it.

hope that helps

lennox
    Why Men Are Jerks... Visit www.themanual101.com to get the inside scoop.

Introducing The MAN-UAL: Inside The Simple Minds Of Men. A guide to how men think and what you can do improve your relationships.

i used to do that (not as bad though) because i had a girlfriend that barely did anything to keep the relationship going (she had problems from the past) but THIS...

THIS is a completely different story! DUMP HIS A$$ !!

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    I dated a guy like this. His reason was simply: you should know. My respnse was typically: I do know you don't date ugly chicks but that doesn't cut it. After 5 years of his pathetic compliments (in 5 years I got preciesely 4 compliments- I remmeber each word for word) I left for a man who wasn't afraid to tell me what he thought of me. Oh and he complimented his lady friends often, and right in front of me.

He just never "got it" so I dumped him, maybe he needs to learn the hard way.
    I'd just like to note, on my 3 dates with this girl I've complimented her probably 6 times per date. I don't get how it's difficult for men. I don't compliment to get anything, I just do it because it's true and seems like a good thing to mention. Then again, I'm a pretty affectionate/romantic guy and I think that scares off women sometimes, too.

The only time I've not complimented a girlfriend every time I've seen her is after one of them made out with some dude and our relationship went to shit.

Personally, I give compliments when I see fit. I swear...I don't even know how guys like your boyfriend get girls and I don't.

I'm guessing he's one of those 'badass' types, if so don't expect much from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylefox View Post
    Personally, I give compliments when I see fit. I swear...I don't even know how guys like your boyfriend get girls and I don't.

I'm guessing he's one of those 'badass' types, if so don't expect much from him.
    Jerks = pussy. It's cliche but it's absolutely true. Degrade and ignore a girl, make her pay, and you'll keep her much longer and get sex more often.

At some point of maturity that changes, but god knows that shit got me through college.

Yeah, I tend to be the cocky jerkoff type until I get her in my bedroom. Then I turn into Rico Suave with the compliments and romance. This is just my natural tendency; I feel an instant change in my behavior when an attractive girl walks in the room; it's like subconscious courtship.

I've found that the girls who think I under-compliment them after the honeymoon phase fizzles off, they are simply lacking confidence/esteem. In this case, they're more like dogs who are always seeking affection. I prefer to use that condescending "kindergarten tone" of voice with them - "Yes, you're a good girl aren't you?" "Goooooood girl, sit, sit! Treat? Does she want a treeeeeat? Yes she does!" "Does she wanna go for a W-A-L-K? *reaching for leash* What a good girl, I'm so happy to have such a wonderful dog- err I mean girlfriend!" all while pretending to avoid smelling her breath and stroking her face and hair like I would a dog. Hey, this is because I'm an asshole and I don't deal with that kind of fishing for compliments bullshit. See, my affection is earned. I'm *NOT* gonna tell you that you look great in your baggy, mismatching house clothes, and those moments when I'm asked whether or not those jeans make your butt look big, I prefer to chew 'em over with a twix. This is why I buy lingerie and clothes that fit for Christmas, or aerobics gear if I think you're gaining weight. If it's not broken I won't fix it, and if I have a problem, I complain. It's part of that honesty that every girl seeks out. Silence implies satisfaction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12