+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age gap does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Not if you're a good parent.

Anyways, I'm of the opinion that 13 year olds shouldn't be dating, either. Also, at seventeen, you are not on the same level developmentally....she's just into her teens, and therefore basically still a child. Stick to someone closer to your own age.
    I'm obviously not going to let a 7 year old date. I was just being sarcastic with how kids keep getting worse and worse with each generation.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My point was (and not directed at you), that it would not be getting worse and worse if parenting wasn't getting worse and worse.

I wasn't allowed to date until I was 17. Honestly, I knew my Dad would kill any guy that came near me before that, and if I was ever caught I'd be locked in my house and home schooled. I was well parented. The risk wasn't worth it.

However, I did have friends whose parents didn't care if they dated...and those were the ones sleeping around at 14 and 15 yrs old and getting knocked up. Lazy parenting. It's a curse on our modern society. I will never be guilty of such a thing.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Sounds like 13 is a bit young. I dont think the 4 year age gap matter though, it's more the ages of you 2.

The age thing matters now becasue you are both still so young. wait a few more years and the age wont be sucah a big deal.
    Last edited by blue; 20-06-08 at 05:46 AM. Reason: sp
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12