+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girl I went on a date with was sexually abused...Run?

Dogtoast says:

"I think I'm going to give her another chance, and really try to feel her out. If i don't think something is going to develop I'm not going to string her along. She's a really nice girl and she doesn't deserve that."

this is how I know you have poor self-esteem. People with low perceptions of themselves find ways to justify dating people with issues. Someone with a healthy self-esteem would simply move on and find a partner with similar qualities as this girl but without a history of sexual abuse.

"Yeah the whole online dating thing was paid for up front for a year....soo I'm kinda just making use of it. I'm still regularly talking to the girl I met on Halloween and she'll be back in town in a week."

how many girls have you dated that you approached in person since you joined this dating website?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    Dogtoast says:

"I think I'm going to give her another chance, and really try to feel her out. If i don't think something is going to develop I'm not going to string her along. She's a really nice girl and she doesn't deserve that."

this is how I know you have poor self-esteem. People with low perceptions of themselves find ways to justify dating people with issues. Someone with a healthy self-esteem would simply move on and find a partner with similar qualities as this girl but without a history of sexual abuse.

"Yeah the whole online dating thing was paid for up front for a year....soo I'm kinda just making use of it. I'm still regularly talking to the girl I met on Halloween and she'll be back in town in a week."

how many girls have you dated that you approached in person since you joined this dating website?
    Self esteem point taken, however I'll move back to what I stated or questioned earlier. Who's to say this girl really hasn't moved past this horrible part of her life? She may be really great to spend time with, I don't know. Again, I've never met anyone with something like this in their past so I don't think that I'm in the position to judge or make the decision to not continue to date her based on zero experience with it and/or her. This is why I'm here asking this question, and because I really won't be able to get a hard and fast "yes" or "no" on whether or not I should "Run", I can only try and make that decision on my own I guess.

I've been single for almost 3 months now and I've gone on several dates. Several with the girl I met on Halloween and one with this girl.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj View Post
    I'd be more concerned over why she outs with that kind of information on a first date.
    I assumed she was a liar too.

Sweetie, there is no question. Women don't offer that information for the sake of conversation. You have to be careful in these situations. Choosing to continue dating her means you are accepting of what may come next. If things go further and you say to yourself, "This is too much, I gotta go." She will resent you and add it to her list of broken hearts.

I know because I have issues from my past that haunt me now and I used to think like that. I believed that if I was upfront about it in the beginning and they continued to date me... they were accepting of my issues and any flaws I developed from my past abuse.

With that being said, Good Luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12