+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do u ever fully stop loving somebody?

ur right, of course i can't make anything happen.. but it's possible for someone to fall out of love with another person, but then fall right back in.... well shit happens, i think i'll just hang on and let fate decide..
    With just 3 letters, "h, r, t", I could either make "HURT" with "U", or be left with a broken "HEART" without "U" ...

I'm going through a similar situation mate.

In fact i did a no-no tonight by calling her. Everyone keeps saying not to do this but its hard. You're saying let fate decide (which is what i was thinking of doing), but you have to realise that you wont find someone else to replace her unless you let go of her.

it's possible for someone to fall out of love with another person, but then fall right back in....
    Never seen it happen. Seen people return to previous partner out of desperation (i.e. when they couldn't find anything better), but by God, it wasn't 'cause of love for that person.

Originally posted by Ray - depressed
    ur right, of course i can't make anything happen.. but it's possible for someone to fall out of love with another person, but then fall right back in.... well shit happens, i think i'll just hang on and let fate decide..
    dang! i know it's hard to accept all this advice but you need to listen to everyone here! let her go dude. i know i don't know the whole story but i've gone through the same thing before too. i was with this girl for almost 5 years and we broke up once and got together after about 2 months of not being together. during the breakup i was thinking i should avoid her at all costs and maybe she will come back. at first i thought it worked because we got back together. man was i wrong. it's because she couldn't find anyone!!! we got together but it wasn't because of love. once you break up with someone, it's over. we broke up a year after getting back together. but this time it was for good. you don't understand the many nites i would cry myself to sleep over a girl! it was depressing. i would always tell myself, "maybe i need to be in her life just in case she falls back in love" that's a big no-no. it will hurt you more than it will help you. all the while you are hurting, she is the one that is moving on with her life. she has you buy the neck dude. the more you are around her the more YOU will be suffering. don't rely on this fate bullshit. you decide your own fate. you can make things happen only for yourself. just imagine...one day you are hanging out with her and suddenly she tells you that she's seeing someone else or is hanging out with someone besides you...won't that hurt more than not being with her? but ya, you're probably not used to being without her yet. later on you will realize this isn't the right thing to do. i can't tell you to cheer up because that's based on what you listen to and what you do from this point. just don't give in.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

i appreciate all the responses..

damon.. i'm not looking for anyone to replace her, in fact noone can replace her.. even if i found someone who can, ill just end up breaking her heart in the end..

ice.. i've seen it happen many times.. i'd say, almost 60% of the long relationships, have had problems b4.. sometimes when u have a lil time out, it just makes u realize how important the other person is to u, and how much u love them..

panda.. when u truly love a person, that feeling never goes away.. it just fades.. if u say that she didn't love u the second time around, maybe she never loved u in the first place.. i know it'll probably hurt me a lot in the end, but i think it's worth the risk for just a just a small glimmer of hope that we can be together again...

sorry i sound bitter coz i no longer feel the same.. the world just seems so, dark.. ..
    With just 3 letters, "h, r, t", I could either make "HURT" with "U", or be left with a broken "HEART" without "U" ...

yes ray, i know what you mean. and yes all these initial feelings you are having are natural. how long has it been? since the break up that is. because now i want to keep an eye on you to see if this type of feeling changes. but why would you want to stay and wait if she's not doing the same thing? i mean ya you can always try to see if she comes back to you but what if she does? doesn't it hurt more that she's with you out of pity instead of love? and ya i realize it probably wasn't love to begin with in my situation but i honestly did love her. i probably still do but i let her go because that's how much i love her. if i didn't let her go, it would have been more miserable and it wouldn't have been out of love to stay with her. i will try to explain this in another reply but right now you will not see what you should be seeing in about a few months or depending on how long your relationship has been. keep strong homie!
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

thanks man.. i understand ur trying to help.. just that, dont feel like giving up so fast.. maybe there are things i havn't realized yet.. my ex knows i definately dont want to be friends w/ her rite now, and yet she still calls me to hang out n stuff.. i know she's not looking for someone new rite now, and she still has feelings for me... most importantly, i still love her a lot a lot.. there are just, too many reasons for me to hang on rite now.. and we've broke up for nearly a month yet, we havn't really lost contact.. i've still been pretty informed about things going on in her life.. anyways, gime some more time, i really need to think about this..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12