+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i'm a failure

London is a failure. And I'm not kidding. WHY do they not have ANY idea how to deal with 4 inches of snow??? My plane was supposed to get in 1/2 hour early - as it turned out, we got in 1/2 an hour late and then sat in the runway for 3 hours while they waited for clearance to go to a different terminal. Then EVERY short-haul flight from London was cancelled so I waited 5 hours in line to rebook my flight. Cross your fingers that my 7:30 flight tomorrow actually takes off.

just wanted to say that you remind me of Emily Mortimer.

Last edited by Indignant; 03-02-09 at 01:28 AM.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    London is a failure. And I'm not kidding. WHY do they not have ANY idea how to deal with 4 inches of snow??? My plane was supposed to get in 1/2 hour early - as it turned out, we got in 1/2 an hour late and then sat in the runway for 3 hours while they waited for clearance to go to a different terminal. Then EVERY short-haul flight from London was cancelled so I waited 5 hours in line to rebook my flight. Cross your fingers that my 7:30 flight tomorrow actually takes off.
    Actually, I'd greatly prefer to wait than take off in icy conditions. It's like an amplified form of walking 'cross the road without waiting for light switches - Sure, it saves you 15 seconds or whatnot, but the one day you don't pay attention you're stuffed for a minimal gain. So the parents ended up with a dead daughter, college studies and fees ending up to nothing, and paying another load to have her body hauled to India for burial. What a bloody mess.

Which is another thing I have an issue with. What's the point of it? Geez, wow, you just got through traffic and saved 20 seconds of your life, well done. Housemate had an indian girl as a friend who got hit by a truck and died that way just a few days after graduating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Which is another thing I have an issue with. What's the point of it? Geez, wow, you just got through traffic and saved 20 seconds of your life, well done. Housemate had an indian girl as a friend who got hit by a truck and died that way just a few days after graduating.
    Wow, I was just telling my friend a similar story today. He thinks I am too cautious. Ha! I'd rather be a little cautious than dead!
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

I've done a similar thing too, Lovesjoy. I booked a flight to England last year through Expedia, and when I went to the airport, I went to British Airways instead of Virgin (which is the airline I was booked on). They spent all this time trying to find me on the flight until we discovered I wasn't on it!

I had to run to catch my Virgin flight, the whole time muttering to myself about what an idiot I was, but I did make my flight. I was literally the last person to board.

Look at it this way, you probably won't make that mistake again.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Once when I was 13 or so I went down to Florida with my dad. We had a connecting flight in Philadelphia that we were told we couldn't make, but we ran across the airport (actually ran) and made it. I had a Bills jersey on so I would have had to run anyway

Take inspiration from that

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Look at it this way, you probably won't make that mistake again.
    You'd think... but then yesterday I went to the WRONG AIRPORT in Rome. Good thing I got there like 3 hours early, otherwise I'd never have made it to the right airport in time. I had to take a shuttle for 50 euros - NOT in my budget. I need to budget in stupidity. I didn't even know Rome had 2 airports. This is the kind of thing that happens on TV, not in real life.

Now I'm trying to locate the luggage that got lost at Heathrow 8 days ago.

I didn't mind the not flying. Sure, they cancel flights for icy conditions. I just don't understand why the entire CITY shuts down for 4 inches of snow... and why they don't have any system in place to deal with it so that people don't have to wait in line for 10 HOURS to get a flight rebooked. There were 3 people working in the terminal to rebook - I'm guessing - at least 5000 customers. They don't even have a PA system in the terminal - announcements were made via a lady standing on top of the desk shouting.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^ the Brazillian andI almost did the same thing in Paris - went to the wrong airport. It's the worst feeling in the world. The stress and the exhaustion and disorientation. It sucks.
    Last edited by Charlie Boy II; 13-02-09 at 05:23 PM.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12