+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XP vs. Vista ... Which to choose?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Yea, the problem though is that this "bullshit" that needs to be taken care of is actually bullshit. There is no bullshit with Vista. I am using Vista on the same computer I used my XP pro on and Vista is BETTER in EVERYWAY! Except that it eats 200mb of ram more. That is done in order to run windows aero which adds little graphical touches to icons and a flipping mode through the explorer windows. Both which can be disabled. I understand though that people always have trouble accepting something new because they don't want to let go of what they already have.
    Well yeah, it's very inconvenient. Compatibility issues and inconvenience make up the majority of the problems with Vista. If you aren't experiencing any of these problems, you probably don't do much on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    Well yeah, it's very inconvenient. Compatibility issues and inconvenience make up the majority of the problems with Vista. If you aren't experiencing any of these problems, you probably don't do much on your computer.
    If you/someone runs into compatibility problems than I am sorry and maybe vista is not for you/them . I do a lot on my computer, I play games and use music programs...plus the typical PC stuff as well. I have built my own PC piece by piece and ran both windows now for a while. Only one game gave me an issue but I have had huge decline in blue screens of death...in fact with vista they are none existent. I am using the 32bit edition...just in case someone brings that up because I know that the 64 bit one has more driver issues.

So I guess I am just saying from personal experience.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Day 3 and I haven't had any issues other than a few software install problems, but was able to download patches and .dll's for them ...

I've stripped Vista to be as "classic" as possible ... I don't need all the extra 3D stuff ... but the system is running well ... Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied thus far ... we'll see where it goes.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12