+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How good looking are you.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you trying to say my eye is ugly?

::cries::

Actually, don't answer that. It IS rather creepy all by its lonesome.
    Last edited by vashti; 07-12-05 at 04:22 AM.

I'm beautiful!.... I mean... uhh...

I have to say that when talking to attraction, a good looking person is obviously going to get more attention than not. But when you reach the point where you know a person, you talk to them and see their personality, then the physical bases of your attraction changes (not necesarily goes away). I think a good personality can modify how we perceive someone physically, and makes us more willing to really pick out their good traits, and hold them above things other people focus on more that cause them to find that person unattractive.

Also, hopefully everyone realizes, physical attraction should be proportional to one's self. If you're not great looking, don't expect to have a great looking partner (not that it can't happen).
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Are you trying to say my eye is ugly?

::cries::

Actually, don't answer that. It IS rather creepy all by its lonesome.
    No I was trying to say it's hard for someone to know if Lloyd is a guy because he has a female's eye as his avatar!!! Don't cry shh!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    No I was trying to say it's hard for someone to know if Lloyd is a guy because he has a female's eye as his avatar!!! Don't cry shh!
    Don't you think my name, "Lloyd" would be a hint?
    And that very well could be my eye.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Don't you think my name, "Lloyd" would be a hint?
    And that very well could be my eye.
    Now Lloyd...don't be mean to the blonde
    If you don't talk to your cat about Catnip...who will?

Of course attractive people have it easier when it comes to dating. Much, much easier.

Is it easier when someone wants to fvck you cuz they think you're hot...rather than try to get to know you?

Yes...good looking people get more attention maybe...but an awful lot of it is shallow.

Don't get me wrong...I'm glad that I look the way I do...I'm not beautiful, but I am attractive...and I'm not whining about it...but there are downfalls to it too.
    If you don't talk to your cat about Catnip...who will?

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    What, 2 people voted; your mom and your girlfriend?
    ahahahahahahahaha

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Gilr
    Now Lloyd...don't be mean to the blonde
    Yea LLoyd!!!!!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Gilr
    Don't get me wrong...I'm glad that I look the way I do...I'm not beautiful, but I am attractive...and I'm not whining about it...but there are downfalls to it too.
    I call bullsh*t, unless you can prove it.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Yeah I think it is just as hard for attractive ppl as it is for not so attractive ppl. I guess its easier for the attractive ones to get the attention at first but it doesnt last...well from my experience anyway. I don't necessarily think i am boring but although i can easily get a guys attention in a physical sense, I end up falling for them by the time they have lost interest in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    By the way when the gallery says your not registered...... it's because you have to login in the gallery!
    Now Rosie, where were you 5 months ago when I needed that advise?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer
    And, do you think attractive people have it easier or harder when it comes to dating?
    In my experience i find that SOME attractive people tend to be less adept to the world they are living in and are more child like in their approach than not as attractive people. Please notice the wording SOME not ALL. It could be that they are more prone to getting things go their own way without exercising good judgement or developing a certain level of skills or building up their level of experience. This lack of skills, judgement and experience really starts to work against them later on in life when looks deteriorate and they finally come to a relaisation of their own imperfections nad mortality...

This one really attractive girl for example that I met last week was a complete emotional wasteland with a personality resembling a swamp. Her idea of romance was people writing her letters which told her how beautiful, awe inspiring and unique she was. Her best relationship to date was with a guy whom she dated for six months but only met twice in her life. The relationship was sustained by all the letters from the guy telling her how perfect she looked and how beautiful she was...

Ofcourse both attractive and wise people like Rosie, Junsui, Nina, many other LF members whose photos I haven't seen and myself are all rare exceptions to this
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya
    Ofcourse both attractive and wise people like Rosie, Junsui, Nina, many other LF members whose photos I haven't seen and myself are all rare exceptions to this
    Awww.....thanks Mish. :blushes: You have some great points there too.

I have found that everyone has their own idea of attractive. So who's to say who is 'good looking' and who's not? Someone else in the world finds the person you don't find attractive to be smokin' hot. I've been completely smitten (on a physically attractive level) with a few guys my friends found awful. And vice versa.

I personally find myself attractive. I may not be everyone's cup of tea, but then I don't really care. I'm also not as fixated on physical appearances anyways......
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

indigosoul Guest
    I think that being attractive gives one more options. More to choose from, esp. if female, since (at least when I was in college) it was still generally males that approached females. One thing that bothered me, tho, was that I felt I had to "hide" my intellect, which sucked. It took me a long time to realize that I could use it as a "screening" tool to weed out the fellows that I didn't find very interesting. Only smart, secure fellows need apply-type thing.

Also, being too attractive can also be a problem. Intimidating, apparently. Combined with a sharp brain, this combination can be deadly for a young female simply looking for a Friday night date. Though this situation usually resolves once out of the immature undergraduate years, in my experience (for anyone who thinks they might be going through this).

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast