+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internet Love Problem Thingy

personally didnt trust people who i met on the net ...simply too much that could be a lie

hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

Im just posting this msg to bring my thread to the front page again lol .... if thats even how these things work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyesteema4
    Don't meet anyone you meet online! It is just DESTINED to be horrible!!! Internet relationship are REDICULOUS. And he could totally not be who he says he is. If you feel like you HAVE to meet him have a friend ready to bail you out if it goes bad or you feel like you may be in danger. I wouldnt worry about you--He could end up being FUGLY.
    Hmmm, well, I met my ex online. he was living in NC and I was in NY. We talked on the phone for 8 months (during which time he came to see me once) and then I moved to NC to be with him. We were together for 11 years so I guess you can say it wasn't "ridiculous"

any more advice on this.... nearly half a year later and things are still the same

Damn, you still haven't met??? I met my current gf 4 months after we started "dating" (yeah, it sounds stupid to say you're dating someone thousands of miles away.... but bite me). So far everything is going perfect. I've met her a few times, we totally love each other, I'm going back again soon, and I plan on moving there in a little less than a year. Don't be too scared. No internet rapist is going to put 2 years of effort into this shit. Get a webcam off ebay (like $15) and have him get one too. This way you can be SURE what he looks like. Make sure you're talking on the phone more than on the net (its far more personal). Otherwise just be confident in yourself and him. You say you're afraid because you didn't send him "the best pictures"? Well shit, you think he sent you the best pictures? Hell no. Don't be too picky on looks, because LDRs rely on a whole hell of a lot more than that. But hey, just make sure you have the time and money and ability to meet him and do it. Its honestly not as big a deal as you think. You'll either be disapointed, or surprised at how well everything turns out. No huge loss either way. You want some inspiration? Go look at me and my gf in the gallery. Thats pure happiness right there, and its because we took the initiative and knew what we truly wanted. Hope this helps.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12