+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The over sexualisation of children

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Do you often just blurt the first thing that comes to your mind? Where did I say or even imply that?

Of COURSE it's not okay for them to BE whores. Jesus. Come to think of it, I'd rather they dressed like one than actually WERE one.
    No, not usually. But this is just a frickin' forum.

I wondered because of this:

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    My children are not going to be permitted to dress like whores. I'm not going to force them to be prudish (tends to lead to overcompensation when they're older)
    I dated a girl who turned herself loose as soon as she got away from her parents. Crappy girlfriend. Started doing all kinds of drugs, turned really slutty, almost dropped out of school. Hate to see it happen to people, but parents need to learn how to properly discipline their children.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 14-11-08 at 12:15 PM.

Which is why its not good to lock your kids up and try to hide them from everything when they are growing up. When they finally leave and go to college they end up being so horrible and uncontrollable because they attempt to do everything all at once.

As for the OP, I didnt really read the post tbh, but all I saw was the title and Bratz dolls and instantly got pissed LOL. Well, not uber pissed but slightly upset.

I absolutely hate Bratz dolls. They are all dressed like a bunch of ****ing skanks. Even the baby versions are horrible dressed. With their stomach out, short ass skirts, and hooker heels. It is so disgusting. They look like street whores to me. I would never buy my daughter that shit. Why are they even being sold anyway?
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

My baby sister has a few of those dolls. She likes playing with ladybugs and watching cartoons more though

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think most kids are naturally modest and have to be conditioned into feeling that sluttiness is desireable, and I think popular media encourages girls to be overly sexual at a young age, so we don't really watch popular TV, and I never allowed fashion or gossip magazines in the house, and we never allowed MTV. I suppose my girl was a wee bit sheltered from media influence in that respect.

I guess when I see trampy-looking girls, I blame the parents, and quite honestly, I think the blame lies a little more heavily with the mothers. Dads aren't supposed to notice when their girls are sexy, and I think they are often too scared/uncomfortable to tell their girls to cover up their bodies. Also, the numbers of girls that grow up watching their single moms dress trampy because they have a hot date must play a role in the way yong girls see themselves and the role of women.

Anyway, my girl is genuinely beautiful, but she isn't trampy at all. I'm really pleased with how she's turning out, and I don't worry about her turning trampy once she goes to college. It isn't in her nature.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think most kids are naturally modest and have to be conditioned into feeling that sluttiness is desireable, and I think popular media encourages girls to be overly sexual at a young age, so we don't really watch popular TV, and I never allowed fashion or gossip magazines in the house, and we never allowed MTV. I suppose my girl was a wee bit sheltered from media influence in that respect.

I guess when I see trampy-looking girls, I blame the parents, and quite honestly, I think the blame lies a little more heavily with the mothers. Dads aren't supposed to notice when their girls are sexy, and I think they are often too scared/uncomfortable to tell their girls to cover up their bodies. Also, the numbers of girls that grow up watching their single moms dress trampy because they have a hot date must play a role in the way yong girls see themselves and the role of women.

Anyway, my girl is genuinely beautiful, but she isn't trampy at all. I'm really pleased with how she's turning out, and I don't worry about her turning trampy once she goes to college. It isn't in her nature.
    Good job.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know why sluts get such a bad wrap.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dads aren't supposed to notice when their girls are sexy, and I think they are often too scared/uncomfortable to tell their girls to cover up their bodies.
    Don't know about that. Seems to me dads are quite good at yelling at their daughters to put some goddamn clothes on.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I wonder.

Was there ever a time when human offspring didn't find someone beautiful, or commanding to be the focus of their idolization?

I think the difference between now and then is then there wasn't as much smut in the media and people were too busy working the farm and going to church to find a whore a worthy role model.

Little boys used to help their fathers hunt and farm.

Little girls used to help their mothers cook, clean and tend to their siblings.

Neither exclusively, I'm sure, but you followin' what I'm sayin'?
    There is some confusion in this culture on what a role model should be.
    Last edited by Jade Altair; 14-11-08 at 05:12 PM.

I see through you like I see through a window, you see through me like you see through a mirror

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I also have some confusion about what a "roll" model is.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Roll Model- A model that rolls down the runway and/or whilst walking down the street.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

My roll model is Rick Astley!

Hell yes for the Rick Roll!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Don't know about that. Seems to me dads are quite good at yelling at their daughters to put some goddamn clothes on.
    If that is true, then why are so many girls dressed like sluts? Or do you think some of these dads enjoy seeing their daughters tarted up?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If that is true, then why are so many girls dressed like sluts? Or do you think some of these dads enjoy seeing their daughters tarted up?
    Hey, I never said there were a lot of good dads out there. I hope they don't enjoy it.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

sex sells, it's everywhere. its up to the parents to guide the kids in the right direction and have respect for their bodies and what they wear. unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the over sexualisation of young girls from the media unless we get rid of the media. it's a scary thought that young girls are getting oogled by older men but unless the parents are responsible we can do nothing about it.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post

Like my dad. He scrutinized everything we wore. The only thing we managed to get away with (occasionally) was short shorts. He used to check our t-shirts to make sure they went at least to our hips......this was back in the early to mid-nineties when 'baby-t's' were in.....showing stomach was hot. I would've been murdered if I tried.

I wasn't even allowed to wear makeup until I was sixteen.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast