+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He doesn't want children of our own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia91 View Post

Thanks for your positive input ! I have no idea whether or not he will change his mind, but I have indeed chosen love, I choose him. I will try my best not to be manipulative, but maybe he'll see it for himself !

Thank you all so much I didn't think I'd get clarity posting here, I hoped at best I'd get some support, maybe.
    I feel happy now and can't wait to share it with him.
    I hear you! Finding love is hard these days...finding love with a spiritual man is even harder! I'm spiritual...my man is hardcore Christian. We butted heads about it a while and it was almost a deal breaker for him but as of now, love is winning. When both are willing to sacrifice and surrender some, I think even fundamental differences can be overcome. But in return, something completely new is created...some understanding, some dynamic. Relationships are hard work but more often than not, we are rewarded for our efforts.

Bluesummer is right... and so is searock and (in his asshole-ish way) is backuporgetstung.

This is a boundary issue for you - this is a boundary that you aren't willing to cross. So what do you do?

Basically, you've got a few options:

1. Break up with him and move on. You WILL find the right man that wants to have kids with you.
    2. Live with it, and hope that he'll change his mind. If he DOESN'T change his mind, you'll grow to resent it, and it will poison your relationship beyond repair. You'll wind up breaking with him anyhow, and will have wasted years and years (possibly all of your child-bearing years) on a relationship that will NOT fulfill your needs. Don't ****ing ask me how I know. Well ok, go ahead and ask if you want.
    3. This is the really hard one - delve into WHY he doesn't want to have kids. I'm thinking there must've been some moderately horrific childhood trauma that makes him think so. You'll have to be really persistent with this... he won't want to say why, he won't want to give up the real reason. I'm not believing his sophomoric "hinder him in his spiritual journey" bullshit... nor the crap with the physical suffering you'll go through as an expectant mother. Not buying it. Nope... he's got something else going on.

Frankly, I think your best option is #1. He's not "Mr. Right", he's "Mr. Right-Now".

HIA, couldn't agree more with your sig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12