+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: any europeans here??????

^^coz i keep up to date, i likely know a lot more than majority of US citizens do.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I am European and live in the US since I was 13 as an US citizan.I am Italian originally from Italy.I am proud of being Italian which my parents are proud of me for.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    ^^coz i keep up to date, i likely know a lot more than majority of US citizens do.
    Yeah, but what do you know?

a lot
    ____
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Yeah, you say you know a lot but when I ask you specifically what you know, you kind of shut up. Interesting.

haha doppel it's a massive question to answer and i would be here all week answering it. what's the point you don't give a shit about what i know anyway

Exactly; it's a massive issue. Not only would you not be able to cover in in less than a week, but you wouldn't be able to read about all of it in less than that time. A lot of the stuff happening here in the USA. Half of it doesn't even get covered in the news you read, I assure you. Each state kind of has its own thing going on. The citizens of one state generally know most about what's going on within state borders, have a general knowledge of things happening at national and federal level as well as international level. You are aware that the USA is slightly larger than Ireland right? That *does* have some significance.

yes but europe is larger in population and much more powerful now. of which ireland is part of. your statement is like saying europe is bigger than new york. obviously

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    yes but europe is larger in population and much more powerful now. of which ireland is part of. your statement is like saying europe is bigger than new york. obviously
    And what exactly do you know about power? Where are you getting that particular measurement? Power is very ambiguous. I don't know what the hell assumptions you're making.

Have you personally taken into consideration NGOs and IGOs and private companies, treaties, organizations, international policies, military capabilities, total GDP, etc? I don't think so.

I think you went to Wikipedia, saw population estimates and went: LOL!!111! EU=biggerthan USA

What relevance do power and population have in accordance to news coverage? You only reinforced the point I made; the USA is 1, very large country. 1 separate, sovereign state, whereas EU is 27 states, which have given up several sovereign rights. In the USA there is a lot to cover nationwide. Lots of news from East to West coast. It's 1, very large country. The EU is a bunch of little teency weency countries like Ireland. I bet you don't even know who the current Bundeskanzler of Germany is without looking up on Wikipedia. On the other hand I am fully aware of the Current speaker of the house in my own country. I know about several nationwide issues, and I know about international issues. Not only that but I have a developed theory about certain international issues right now. Therefore it's quite hypocritical of you to wag your finger at the some of the Americans (Citizens of US to be more specific) for not really paying much attention to the stupid Lisbon treaty.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 05-10-09 at 07:08 AM.

no infact i recently read a stat report that compared health, education and all sorts and europe comes out on top now that it is all one.

i have an interest in global news that affects my life. here's a bit of info i'm sure you didn't know about;

[url]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5266884912495233634#[/url]

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol, US education is way better than that of Europe.

Europe has Oxford and Cambridge.

The US has the Ivy League, MIT, CalTech, University of Chicago, Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, Berkeley, and Stanford

they were comparing overall averages not the elite

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dopp: Angela Merkel - she just won for the second time

Ah You`re acting like kids. Guys understand it that Europe will always be better for us like USA for You.

By the way... I don`t think education in US is better than in Europe. You can`t tell by the number of good universities.We have bunch of good universities.The one I used to go (RWTH Aachen) had 6 Nobel prizes including last one for Physics in 2007.Besides You don`t know what we are learning about in normal schools.Besides we speak way more foreign languages than You do.Why? Yeah because we need it and You don`t because `Everybody speaks english` - and Dopp shhh of course You speak German if You have some German origins - I wouldn`t forgive myself if I had some foreign origins and wouldn`t speak in this language but well I`m 100% polish :p Whatever. And when in Europe it`s normal that an average person speaks at least 3 or more languages it`s luck to find in US person speaking in more than one language - don`t say it`s not true because it is

There is bunch of things You Americans do better but don`t talk about Europe like about people who are small and want to feel bigger by talking they are bigger or better because we are damn good in many things! And without us more of Your soldiers would die in Iraq and Afganistan etc for YOUR oil. So be gratefull jerks!!
    I wazzzz here

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Urp basic education system is much better than North America. Public school system (K-12), not talking about post-secondary education. Foreign students that come to US or Canada are far better prepared than the average US student, esp in maths & sciences. They also work harder.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You should limit it to the most relevant measurement tool available.

But really, at the end of the day - who gives a shit?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast