+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Okay...question (although I think I have my answer already)

No reggae is a good policy, Giga. But, my music selection...well, I haven't bought a CD since 1993. Oh, the last DVD I got...well, it was actually a re-recorded VCR tape from a movie I'd watched in 1985...wanted to keep a copy...spent ten years looking for the VCR tape...finally found it the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You should look for someone whose childhood, like yours, was rigidly black and white.
    I think this might be a good idea. In fact, I think you might want to import someone from the foreign country of your choice, CAM.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ..or maybe hook up with a disgruntled nun...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

As long as she doesn't have a tramp stamp that says "Jesus" across her back...

I really do understand the concept of dealbreakers, though. For me, drug use is no biggie, but if I ever found out a man I was with ever raised his hand to a woman, ever, I don't think I could go on with him. For a lot of women, that would be something they could get past.

Or how about sexual experimentation? I can think of a lot of people that wouldn't be able to get past something like that. What if you found out your husband use to be a swinger?
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know very well you have issues.

I gave you advice. You should look for someone whose childhood, like yours, was rigidly black and white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I think this might be a good idea. In fact, I think you might want to import someone from the foreign country of your choice, CAM.
    I'm going to be the conscientious dissenter here. I strongly disagree.

Two rigid personalities will break each other. Like a hammer on concrete. Cam needs a willow who will bend with the breeze & make him smile when he's feeling stressed. I *know* this phenotype, he will worship the kind of woman who will push him past his comfort zone in an intelligent fashion. These guys build man-mountain monuments to their women.

But you gotta have the guts to open up to this type of lady, Cameron. The smartest ones will only be willing to meet you partway & definitely NOT kicking & screaming.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Vash--I wouldn't ask your opinion, if i were close-minded...think about it.... Your sharp attack is really a reflection on yourself more than me. It doesn't bother me, though, because that's your choice. I'll filter out the valuable points and leave the rest.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    a lot of people that wouldn't be able to get past something like that. What if you found out your husband use to be a swinger?
    Are you asking me? I would fall over and die laughing. My husband's previous life was about as interesting as CAM's. I genuinely think he missed out on a LOT, and I actively encourage my son (who tends to be a little like this) to quit being such a stick in the mud and live a little. Life is too short to be so rigid about every little detail.

And I get the deal breakers - current drug use would be out for me, as would any sort of violence. However, I don't think a momentary lapse in judgement from a teenager is anywhere close to the same thing.

And CAM? I don't think this is a sharp attack. I just think you are being silly, and I can't think of a gentle way to say so.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well, the conversation ended at 2 am, which was a bit long, but so be it. I think that she's got a thing for me because it ended with her making comments about removing the tattoo and I think just a touch of surprise that the conversation had gone that way...that I'd pushed the envelope, which I don't regret.

At some point, revelations have to emerge. Otherwise, it is just sickly sweet conversation about nothing and you never get to know the other person.

She said, "Well, have a good day tomorrow."

I said, "You too and I'll call you sometime." I usually say, "sometime," so it wasn't unusual to say that.

At some point, she'd find out about me, if things went along. There are things that are buried; did nothing wrong but...things. Deal-breakers of my own, I'd bet

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Then I said, "ever do coke?" No response on that. Okay, working on a major issue, I think. Then I said, "So what else did you do? Get a tattoo?!" Response: "I have on across my lower back." She could tell I was wincing on the other end of the phone. She says, "I'm thinking about getting it removed, I don't know why I did that! It was stupid."

Me? Very traditional life. Very traditional.
    So what if she used cocaine? Does she have a current addiction? If she used traffic bricks of the stuff it would be much different, because you have to go out of your way to do that and be compelled. But just doing cocaine can easily mean she was at a party, some people were snorting coke, and one of her "rebel" friends offered her some. Cocaine, like a lot of other drugs, is just one of those things that can fall in your lap when you aren't looking and might be keen to trying it

The tattoo is a little different I think. If it looks really bad and turns you off just call it quits. But having a tattoo now just means she was an immature kid

Well, of course you should, just like I should be able to get past absolutely everything and we should just float two inches from the ground because we're both so evolved.

Ain't happening, though. I have a huge list of dealbreakers, some of which are completely unreasonable (i.e. in my house, there is no reggae. Period. Ever.) and it's just how it is.
    OMG..,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOXUYwbuX3k"]YouTube - WKUK-Let's Wake Up The Neighbors.[/ame]
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

My husband's previous life was about as interesting as CAM's.
    CAM.., that's also not a sharp attack.., subtle maybe.., but not sharp..

Anyway..,

I don't believe one needs to abuse drugs or sleep around with an excessive amount of women in order to have an interesting life.., for as long as they get some sexual variety.., are fairly social.., and have genuine "fun" (you don't need substances to have fun).., their life can still be very interesting..

oh my freakin gawd you have to be kidding me cam.

the most interesting people, in my opinion, are those who have gone through hard times and have made bad mistakes.

you should not be judging people like this. it makes you look like an arrogant ass. get over yourself, please.

okay? love you.

(those were meant to be sharp btw.)
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    the most interesting people, in my opinion, are those who have gone through hard times and have made bad mistakes.
    Yup.., hardship is interesting.., we would like to know what it's like.., without having to actually go through it ourselves..

i'd also like to add that i have a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaar more rebellious history than this woman and i put my good foot down (a little ) and i am a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better person having gone through all that bullshit.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I'm going to be the conscientious dissenter here. I strongly disagree.

Two rigid personalities will break each other. Like a hammer on concrete. Cam needs a willow who will bend with the breeze & make him smile when he's feeling stressed.
    Ordinarily I would agree with you about this, but I can very honestly see CAM making her pay for all eternity for acting like a normal kid. I just don't see him being able to let it go.

And yeah, sombra? I adore you, AND your rebellious teenage history.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast