+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issue with his online dating profile

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    Why not (delete your dating profiles) now?
    - I put a lot of work into my profile and I also have a blog there.
    - We've only been dating 5 weeks and anything could happen.

Thanks for all your responses. Here is the update (and the end of story)

We're supposed to meet up tonight. I drove to his condo, then went out with him for dinner and movie as usual. When we went back to his condo, I said we needed to talk. I told him that I didn't think he's serious in the relationship and he asked why. I then brought up his new profile and said it was the 2nd time that he deleted and recreated it. I was looking for some sort of response/explanation, however this time he remained silent. I asked if he had anything to say and he simply said "none". I grabbed my stuff and headed to the door, got on my car and drove away.

I guess that's it, very sad that it has to end this way. I can only hope that everything happens at a cause, and this experience would teach me how to identify a better guy in the future.

Thanks again for your opinions.

Sakana

Rough to hear, but his response is pretty much confirmation he was dating, or looking to date other people. You made the right move.

Sometimes guys remain silent not because they feel guilty but because you have pissed them off. You have no proof that he had been dating other women or even wanted to date other women have you? I'm in a relationshp of 8 months and still have a profile on an online dating site. I hardly ever look at it but sometimes have a quick peek, not because I want to date anyone else but because it's interesting to see who is still there, to read profiles which can sometimes be funny, sometimes crazy.

Ah shit, boisdevie is right.

I didn't make my post right, I neglected rule number 3: Don't make assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Sometimes guys remain silent not because they feel guilty but because you have pissed them off. You have no proof that he had been dating other women or even wanted to date other women have you? I'm in a relationshp of 8 months and still have a profile on an online dating site. I hardly ever look at it but sometimes have a quick peek, not because I want to date anyone else but because it's interesting to see who is still there, to read profiles which can sometimes be funny, sometimes crazy.
    He can browse the profiles without creating one for himself. Also I do have proof. I created a fake profile and sent him a note just to say hi. He responded back with very detailed info and showed interest to date. I asked whether he's in this site for fun or serious dating. He said everything could be possible. I know I'm just as bad to create a fake profile ... but it helps me in confirm all the suspicions and although it hurts, I do think I made the right move.

OK then he's a shit and he's been dumped. End of story. Move on everyone, nothing to see

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12