+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When should i get engaged?

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    You don't even live close? Is this an e-girlfriend?
    Oh gosh.....don't tell me it is..........
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

like i said it was going to be quite a long engagement, with us getting married late 20's, she's 4 younger than me, though i can't really see that mattering, and i think like i also said, it seems as though she wants to get engaged too.
    Neither of us are in a rush, but i have a feeling if her mum knew she might actually accept me a bit more, i.e. by giving her daughter a ring worth £80 she might eventually see i really do care about her daughter.

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dukern
    like i said it was going to be quite a long engagement, with us getting married late 20's, she's 4 younger than me, though i can't really see that mattering, and i think like i also said, it seems as though she wants to get engaged too.
    Neither of us are in a rush, but i have a feeling if her mum knew she might actually accept me a bit more, i.e. by giving her daughter a ring worth £80 she might eventually see i really do care about her daughter.
    Ok so a long engagement could work....but honestly.....why give her a ring if your not gonna consider marriage for a long time? Could it be more like a promise ring or something? Then wait a few years for the engagement ring....and then if you guys make it......then do the whole marriage thing?

Ayeayeayeayeaye
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Shes not exactly an e-girlfriend, but i dont get too see her as much as i like, however my phone bills for the last 12 months have compensated that fact (£700/$1500 of calls).

3 rings means they cost me more money...(im usually such a cheap git)

what? You think her mom will like you more if you propose to her daughter and give her a ring that is £80?

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dukern
    3 rings means they cost me more money...(im usually such a cheap git)
    Yeah but what guarantees do you have that your long engagement will work out? Plus she may never give you the ring back....

Honestly thats why I think its kinda dumb to do that all this soon...... Wait until you are older. A ring doesn't guarantee a relationship.....nor does it mean her mom will like you more.....

no, i think her mum will eventually see im serious about her daughter, she's thought i was using her ect. though to be honest she's never made an effort to get to know me, and like i said we wouldn't be getting married till our mid to late twenties anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    Yeah but what guarantees do you have that your long engagement will work out? Plus she may never give you the ring back....

Honestly thats why I think its kinda dumb to do that all this soon...... Wait until you are older. A ring doesn't guarantee a relationship.....nor does it mean her mom will like you more.....
    Nothing but i really wouldn't care about getting the ring back, it was a gift, gifts aren't meant to be taken back.
    A ring doesn't garuntee a relationship, neither does 3 kids and 19 years marriage ( my parents broke up early this year after 19 years).

Tone Guest
    Just wait.

Trust us... if you guys are really meant to be - waiting for you to finish school and growing up into matured young adults shouldn't be anythin for you right?

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah if its meant to be ......you guys will be together for the long haul and waiting to get engaged won't make a difference...

And my parents broke up after 20 yrs of marriage and two kids....so yeah I know there are no guarantees.....trust me.

Then you really shouldn't be rushing if your parents are divorced and just recently got divorced.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Just wait.

Trust us... if you guys are really meant to be - waiting for you to finish school and growing up into matured young adults shouldn't be anythin for you right?
    It isn't anything, and we both carried on for extra schooling due to wanting to get into uni's, and we could both have finished school 2 years ago (british systems kinda odd).

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    Then you really shouldn't be rushing if your parents are divorced and just recently got divorced.
    Their not divorced just split up...i never really got on with my dad anyway, but thats a different story.
    And it wasn't just recently, it was just after the turn of the year. my grna got married at 20 and she's still happily married to my grandad 40 years later.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast