+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Imagination v knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I think this is rubbish & the statistics don't bear this out at all. Educated ppl, on average, enjoy a much higher standard of living than those who aren't. Education = knowledge.

Knowledge + Imagination >> than either alone.

Einstein was a pretty knowledgable guy, in case you didn't know this, Eco. And he was pretty happy & successful.

You didn't understand Gribbles post at all. Think more.
    imagination leads to knowledge. Knowledge is passed on to others but they need imagination to understand

i understood perfectly, if you really think about it you'd realise, imagination is more important, they are not equal.

knowledge is limited, imagination is limitless
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 01-10-08 at 03:23 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    imagination leads to knowledge. Knowledge is passed on to others but they need imagination to understand

i understood perfectly, if you really think about it you'd realise, imagination is more important, they are not equal.

knowledge is limited, imagination is limitless
    I never posted anywhere they are equal. Nor did I make any comments on limits. Learn to read. Try to learn to think while you're at it.

You have problems following the thread of an argument. I'm afraid I agree with CB, your posts are pretty stupid, Eco. Sorry.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

[QUOTE=IndiReloaded;378840]

Knowledge + Imagination >> than either alone.QUOTE]

maybe i mistook you, what did you actually say then if you don't think both are equally important?....equally complementary? well we already know that. but i asked which was more important and whether you agreed, which of course you didn't. i said what i thought.

you keep accusing me of not understanding you. It's not that difficult in fairness indi

i stand by what i say. you disagree, fine.

stop being so arrogant, it's ridiculous behavior.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Look dear, I understand perfectly why you have issues with what I say. However, you are mistaken. Arrogance, which is an overestimation of one's knowledge, would actually be YOUR problem. I know what I know. That isn't arrogance.

I have no problems admitting when I don't understand something & ask for clarification. I have yet to see that behaviour from you. You are actually the dangerous sort of person that develops half-baked opinions on little or no fact & then has no problem spouting those opinions AS IF they were fact.

Fortunately, intelligent ppl will see through this & dismiss you. This is a pity, at some level, however b/c the positive thing you DO bring is a willingness to discuss difficult issues. But you only want to spout, you aren't willing to LEARN. This is what more intelligent ppl find offensive about your argument, I suspect.

Confident about my intellect? Yes, certainly. I have good reason to be confident.

But I don't suffer fools gladly. I've sometimes wondered whether I should be more patient, and I do occasionally extend myself if I think someone *might* be worth the effort & I am so inclined, but experience has shown me that ultimately the fools problem to solve.

They don't appreciate the effort anyway.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

ahhh now indi do you feel better? the problem is that you think you are somehow superior and you mirror the behavior you describe about others, calm down chickie, no-one is superior on here, It's all opinions and ideas...now ideas you may not like but it doesn't make you superior.

I'm generalising but i actually got the impression canadians are usually really nice, you're a bit of a dissapointment.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 01-10-08 at 12:38 PM.

How come every argument with Ecojeanne turns into a personal argument?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think in terms of superior or not. Those are your terms, Eco.

But you are doing a great job posting all your insecurities for the board. Carry on.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    She doesn't know how to argue abstractly. Yet.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    dopple i personally think it's because i have ideas that people don't like, so they get personal. I don't really understand myself, but i'm not going to be baited by arrogant silliness anymore. As far as i'm concerned i'm still going to have ideas but i may not continue the points i make simply because some people can't handle it.

thats the reason ive stopped giving my opinion at the beginning. so i don't get personally attacked

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post

thats the reason ive stopped giving my opinion at the beginning. so i don't get personally attacked
    Here's a hint, Eco: other posters give their opinion all the time & don't feel personally attacked. They bring up issues as contentious as some of yours, or more.

Figure out how & you've got it. Good luck.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Learn to read. Try to learn to think while you're at it.

You have problems following the thread of an argument. I'm afraid I agree with CB, your posts are pretty stupid, Eco. Sorry.
    indi that is a personal attack imo, now its not a good way to get your point accross, its childish and infact it diverted the discussion from the topic and your point of view verses mine. You're full of nonsense when you say 'i know what i know'. You are just showing that you are infact arrogant, seriously, you need to get over yourself and have a decent discussion without you forcing your point of view as correct. Open your mind or just stop with the personal comments. its a foolish way to carry on

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No. If I called YOU stupid, that is a personal attack.

I called your posts stupid. And many of them are. Its that quality vs. quantity thing I mentioned before.

But, since you seem to really want to hear it, fine, hear ya go:

Ha, I'm not going to feed your need, Eco, however much you hoped I would. Figure it out. Live the adventure.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

wtf? seriously its almost like you've decided to hound me about my 'post value' then....

no matter what the comment is i make you seem to have condesending reaction. its not my insecurity at all, infact i'm starting to wonder are you trying to feed your ego? anyway its a poor excuse for not actually discussing the point of view but rather 'all my posts' which doesn't really add value to the immediate discussion.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Others have made similar comments to you about your posts. But I think you are saying to leave you alone?

No prob, Eco.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Others have made similar comments to you about your posts. But I think you are saying to leave you alone?

No prob, Eco.
    well ye they have, but these people also like to bully newbies and use every opportunity to dismiss my ideas, its closed minded, but i guess you're proving the forum mentality comments about cliques are more than true, they are playing out right here and in every other thread i make a small comment on
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 01-10-08 at 01:30 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast