+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Longtime friend and new boyfriend.. odd behavior.. my heart hurts. Help.

He has never had a serious relationship so I really have no clue how he is in relationships. I think that's a huge problem right there. I really think he got cold feet and panicked and realized he hangs out with me in his freetime and no one else. Im just confused and hanging on a little longer to see if we get back on track. I would never forgive myself if I gave up so soon.

He has never had a serious relationship
    Another red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by n33dlove View Post
    He has never had a serious relationship so I really have no clue how he is in relationships. I think that's a huge problem right there. I really think he got cold feet and panicked and realized he hangs out with me in his freetime and no one else. Im just confused and hanging on a little longer to see if we get back on track. I would never forgive myself if I gave up so soon.
    Don't wait around too long for him to become a good relationship partner who makes you happy. (you can't even talk to this guy about how you're feeling so that he can at least try to remedy because he manipulates it back to being your own fault)

If he loved you, he'd be worried about losing you and he clearly is not worried about that. You've showed him that no matter how rude, insensitive and uncaring he treats you, you'll stick around so he can get a sure thing piece when he decides he wants one with you.

Soory, luv... but that's the deal and I think you know it but you just don't have the self-worth to end things on your own... even when he shows you time and time again that he doesn't value what he has with you. We all come to conclusions on our own time though so...
    Last edited by Wakeup; 25-02-15 at 08:02 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12