+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would a man tell his girlfriend someone else is flirting with him?

My thing is, why wouldnt he? I would appreciate my man telling me some other guy or perhaps some chick was flirting with him. I dont understand what the problem would be in disclosing this information to the girlfriend. I would definitely tell my future baby daddy that some other fool tried to get with me. Its called communication, but most of all its called honesty. A person who does this does meritorious deeds.

INSECURITY is the term in question here, as it pertains to one who would get angry at their partner for telling the truth. And mad about flirting? Its the most superficial thing ever.

most guys tell. But can be for different reasons. They might want to incite some jealousy or feel guilty and want to come clean or a mixture of both.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Larousse View Post
    I'm told that most guys do not discuss women they are interested in with other guys (unless they are only out for one thing and want to brag). If they really like her they usually pretty much keep it to themselves. What about discussing it with their current girlfriend. Would a man tell his girlfriend if another woman is being friendly with him and he has flirted back. Does he "come clean" or does he just not go there for fear of upsetting her? Just want to know how men think about this one.
    In realization that sharing such a thing with a girlfriend is a bad idea, because of the possibility of hurt feelings, jealousy, and anything else, I wouldn't tell my girlfriend if another girl hit on me. I mean, why does it matter? If I had a girlfriend, I would not be interested in other women, and they would be rejected. There's nothing to hide, and nothing to share.

There is no reason to really worry about this, unless your boyfriend is not trustworthy, in which case, you should not be dating him in the first place.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 12-04-08 at 04:56 PM.

Whatever your boyfriend thinks is pretty important also. If he is a reasonable man and he can think reasonable he would consider the consequences of telling you about this. He could be honest and step forward and tell you the whole truth or he could decide that there is absolutely no benefit of telling you this because he knows you will not percieve it in a right way. He could decide that there is no need to make you overreact over this other girl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12