+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: She wants the single life? What shall I do?

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Holy crap, a goddess? Why didn't anyone tell me? I could certainly use the money...

I know you're heartbroken, but you'll find another girl. The best thing I've noticed about myself and my relationships is that they get successively better every time.
    I think he's already found a new girl.......

Seriously though, I hope you can go thru with everything you've typed here. You're lucky man, lucky all this happened now, instead of 3 months after you guys got married and started a family and all that jazz. I see you coming out on top of this situation bro, g'luck!

Cancel the wedding completely - on your terms. You're not ready to get married, which you obviously shouldn't be with your relationship in its current state. That will take the pressure off. Kinda, reverse time a little, maybe even move out. It really could be committment issues, now she feels she is COMPELLED to spend the rest of her life with you now your are proposed and she is worrying that having the CHOICE to be with other men is gone. Doesn't mean she's cheating or looking for attention - its like a double check that she can still live her own life while being with you. At the same time though, she might realize that actually, she can push your boundaries further than she previously dared coz she has a "good excuse" and be taking it for granted. You gotta give her deadline, boundaries and honesty are really important. That's how i feel anyway.

I think I might have figured this shit out. I believe that I was too close to her, let her control me, ie. have the upper hand. She dumped me, and now she is in control. Maybe I'm saying this because I just read a book all about how women think, but I think what my plan of attack is to not be known to her as a push over, looking for her approval of me, instead, I'm going to make it know to her I don't "need" her to live, and show interest elsewhere. From what I read, women want a guy who is hard to get, and I was already gotten, like most relationships wind up to be eventually.

I'm not going to put all my cards into this, as we are broken up, but I'll throw a few in there. I'm going to steal this opportunity and explore my options as well. Who knows what might happen with either situation. She's gone for two weeks on vac. with friends, so when she comes back, you better believe I'm a changed man! Not for her exactly, but for myself, well being, and my own confidence. I need to live life for myself, and not just her like I was doing.

Oh and thanks guys for the advice and help! Happy 4th!

This is a good path. Keep it up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12