+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goals not accomplished...

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I just turned 24 and I don't feel like I've accomplished much either..
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Geez. If you are feeling worthless and pathetic - maybe you people need to spend a little less time on the internet and a little more time developing yourselves.

At 1 minute a thread reading and posting, after you have reached your 1,000 mark that's 16+ hours of sitting here staring at this board.

How many hours this week have you worked out? Built something? Developed yourself creatively by drawing or writing? Fixed something around the house? Called an old friend or relative? Worked on that resume? Done something for your community? Gone to church? The park? The beach? Live theater?

What you do with your life is up to you. You can squalor it in front of a monitor or a T.V. screen all you want, but you have nobody else to blame but yourself when you look back on your book of life and find nothing but empty pages.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

This turned into the most depressing thread ever.

Tone Guest
    Happy Birthday, Asip.

You just gotta hang in there man. The only real goal you should have in life that you should take 100% serious to live out each and everyday is to not take life for granted. Well, that and to meet misombra. It might not always work out how we planned, but we have to find ways to make the best of things.

Always remember things could be much worse, think of the poor people here in the states hit by the hurricane. Enjoy your birthday man.

Tone Guest
    OV, what happened to your job dude?

Asip----If you've just started your studies, keep at it. The road will be long and you'll get distracted and tired, but you have to keep going.
    I felt that way too when studying and it got to the point where I was just happy to pass, forget the grades. Graduation was one big goal accomplished. My current goal now is to earn more money. Either that, or save more. I wrote down the beginning of this year what I hoped to accomplish in 2005. I have finsihed only 1/3. Doesn't look like I'll get the 2/3rds done. All I know is I'de like to buy my own place in 3years time. So basically I am now trying to do everything to make that happen. That's my goal.

Well I do most my LF surfing at work so that doesn't count Cyborg. Work sucks. Now I admit, I do another hour or so in the evening, but thats whilest I watch TV, eat dinner, etc. Besides, I've agreed to be a lazy pool of suffering until Oct 2 when I vow to get my life back on track....my birthday.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Cybog----[[How many hours this week have you worked out? Built something? Developed yourself creatively by drawing or writing? Fixed something around the house? Called an old friend or relative? Worked on that resume? Done something for your community? Gone to church? The park? The beach? Live theater?]]

Thanks for the list. You've reminded me of stuff I've been meaning to do. Drawing, resume, old friend, theater...ugghgh...feel so guilty now.

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Honestly I do alot outside of my computer time. I hardly on here during the day....and mostly at night after I come hom from hanging out with friends....or after the bar....

dammit i need to accomplish more things too . I 'restarted' working out , but i only commit to it like 2 or 3 days per week , i'm in adults school but i dont think ill be able to finish two 3 inch thick books per week to be able to finish in a month , and then theres the girls ,

wow whats up with the whole 25 pre mid life crisis thing? I will soon be 25 soon and am looking forward to the lower insurance rates. A few weeks ago i have found myself in this slump. Lets see im stil lliving at home which sucks, im still at the same job for two years relationship wise well that goes up and down. I just recenlty finished school which is a great achivemnt but im still here at the same job still living at home (need to be out by oct 1) Only have a little monbey saved up, im not marreid i have not had my second child yet and wheres that dog i have been wanting?
    neways life has its ups and down rainy and sunny days with or without goals accomplished. I have alot to be thankful for i really do so i decided not to take things to seriously anymore and just do what needs to be done. We are fortunate to have things get repetative not have to worry about hunger and being cold being in danger every minuite of every waking second.
    So i await 25 with a smile im not going to afraid of the changes that i feel need to be made and move one. I will not be afraid of change any longer and just go.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    Gone to church?
    Wtf?! ...oh yea...not everyone cares to work out either. I do stimulate my mind though by learning.

Quote Originally Posted by blue
    We are fortunate to have things get repetative not have to worry about hunger and being cold being in danger every minuite of every waking second.
    What the hell are you talking about!!!. That would be awesome and exciting.

John : "Sup dude, were is Fred?"
    Frank : " he got eatin by a ****ing panther yesterday"
    John : "Damn!"
    Frank : " Oh shit! run! here come the lions!"
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 09-09-05 at 03:20 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well i just turned 24, I've had a serious of failed relationships and now am single and enjoyin it, I workout, I hang out with friends and go to the bar once in awhile, I live at home...but take care of my mom(who has bone cancer and kidney failure) or she would be unable to stay here alone, I have worked at my job(at the hospital) for 5 years and have been a CNA for almost 1 yr, I'm on a freakin wait list for school to go into Radiology.

Things are ok....could be worse...but I always imagined I would be in a different place in my life when I hit this age....
    I always hoped my parents would be healthy and I would be in a relationship, have my career, or possibly be planning to have kids at this time.

But instead....my father is dead, my mom is sick, and no career yet, no man yet, and a sister who avoids helping out or seeing me or my mom unless she needs money.....sigh....., and a job that gets on my nerves alot of times.
    But the bright side is that I have gotten to spend ALOT of time with my mom(which is priceless), and I live at home for free(just help out alot and buy some groceries), and I have wonderful friends that mean the world to me.

So I guess you gotta try to look on the bright side..
    Last edited by Ellynn; 09-09-05 at 04:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12