+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saw "The NoteBook" lastnight.

I don't know how everyone meets these bitches and whores they keep talking about. Then again, I keep a lot of distance between myself and people like that. I didn't grow up with a lot of money, and I still don't have a lot of money. Most of my classmates through high school, and even college (small school) were from very comfortable families. I remember my mother struggling to help me have the social life I wanted so badly so that I could keep up with my "friends". Finally, I got to high school and stopped caring about how I dressed, or how to do my makeup, etc. I began to make friends with people that truly cared for me, and we're still friends to this day.

I see a lot of my former classmates getting married and settling down now. Several have kids too. And from what I know none of them have done much to venture outside the little bubble of our hometown. Even my best friend said she wished she had my free spirit, and she's been married nearly two years now and not living far from where we grew up. Thing is... I know she has that same free spirit, and I'm not quite sure why she had her heart set on marrying so soon. As long as she's happy though, I'm happy.

Love is wonderful and those who marry for love have found a beautiful thing. No one's really fit to pass judgment on others for their decisions though. And while love itself can be beautiful, marriage can complicate it easily (as we see on this forum every day). Marriage is what requires financial stability. If both people aren't on the same page and refusing to meet one another half way, marriage just isn't going to work. We all say, "It's about compromise." And it is. Completely. You have to give a little, and without the expectation of getting something in return. That is love. You do something for someone because you want to. Not because you need something else from them. But our capitalist society has taught is through and through that you can't get something for nothing. Natural expressions of love and honesty have fallen prey to this ideal because of its importance in our society.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    My parents married for "love". No love was in evidence by the time I was old enough to notice...
    Same here, only thing is that they are still married!
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Well... Boil it down. What is love? Its the response to Oxytocin produced in the brain. What causes the brain to produce it? External stimuli of based on your gender and who/what you are attracted too. Money to MOST women is what sex is to MOST guys. It alone is enough to produce Oxytocin giving the person the feeling of "love". Everyone particular flavor of love is a little different. I've noticed that couple who work out have similar flavors.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Show me the figures that show MOST women react to money in the same way men react to sex.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Show me the figures that show MOST women react to money in the same way men react to sex.
    Show me most men react to sex?

I'm saying in my experience with women both first hand and by watching friends and family is that most women will opt for money.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

But Graham, we've already established that you're a bitch magnet. It's like you naturally repel women of character or something. Your opinion is tainted.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    BAHAHAHAHA that was hilarious. God.

Yeah money is an acttractive thing to have- DUH. So is looking good. So? Does that mean that girls will always go for money and men will always go for the pretty girls NO. I've seen plently of men with ugly bitches (well they actually tend to be pretty good people who are kind, loving and all that jazz). I've seen plenty of not so rich men happily settled with women.

Would I choose money? Only if he satisfies every other aspect of what I'm looking for. Unless he's a poor bum and doesn't have ANY money.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    So lastnight I saw The Notebook for the first time. Touching movie to say the least.

I was talking with a couple co-workers about it today. It seems to me most women woulda chosen to stay with the guy she was engaged too MIANLY because of his money and status and secondly because thats what her parrents wanted. I've never known a woman NOT to opt for the easier life style even if he didnt love her as thuroughly and completely as the other guy ESPECIALLY in their era. Back then a woman was only as good as the man she married and the guy was only as good as his money and life style.
    Lots of girls raised on 'daddy's money' rebel and go for a Poor Guy. I think the rule is that girls go for what they don't have. Girls that grow up poor sometimes think that the Rich Boy will be the answer to their problems.They get married and then find out what a mistake they made. Rich kids just come with a different set of problems.

Giga got it right, IMO: go for happiness.

Of course, if I had a daughter I'd make sure she knows that doesn't mean to leave your brain at the door, either.

i would never encourage my daughter to go after a rich man, nor a poor, lazy man.

i'm going to teach her to get her own money and be independent. like her mommy.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i'm going to teach her to get her own money
    Speaking of which... outta here. Have a good weekend, mom!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    But Graham, we've already established that you're a bitch magnet. It's like you naturally repel women of character or something. Your opinion is tainted.
    Yeah I noticed... These days all I'm getting are girls who want to rebel against their parents and girls who try to lead me toward "Jesus".

Lots of girls raised on 'daddy's money' rebel and go for a Poor Guy. I think the rule is that girls go for what they don't have.
    In those situations they are just trying to see the other side of the tracks and rebel. Girls who do that can be dangerous because it isn't you they are dating. Its your image...
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

I could never put money before love. I couldn't pretend to love someone or even have them touch me....I'd cringe.

I'd happily sit in 'pig shit' and with a guy I loved.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    In those situations they are just trying to see the other side of the tracks and rebel. Girls who do that can be dangerous because it isn't you they are dating. Its your image...
    I think this may be just as true from the guy's perspective. That's not to say it can't work out. But I don't really know how you can tell the difference, tho. I tend to agree with ppl marrying w/in their own class, it just makes things easier.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I could never put money before love. I couldn't pretend to love someone or even have them touch me....I'd cringe.

I'd happily sit in 'pig shit' and with a guy I loved.
    Thats good. I've known to many women who have convinced themselves they were in love with a male friend just because he was the least objection guy around and had some money. I feel most sorry for the dude who genuinely believe she loves him.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I equally feel sorry for all the hot girls who have bf's who love to bang her but totally think she's a worthless whore (but at least she's hot).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast