+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite animal?

Probably bears. Especially polar bears. I had a 100 page book full of glossy color photos of polar bears when I was 10 or so and I used to look at it every day.

Housepets, I'd go with cats. I'm not a fan of ferrets. They DO smell like pee, and one bit me on the ear once.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No way, a ferret once bit my ex on the ear too. Right on the earlobe, practically pierced it for him.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I got bitten on the top - in the cartilage.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like cats and anyone who says they don't have "personality like dogs do" has never owned a cat. They are not friendly to STRANGERS, they are very friendly and affectionate to their owners.

I like snakes becasue they are without doubt the easiest pet on earth to own. Feed 1 time ever 2 months they shit about 1 time every 2 months they live in a container with holes, and a small container of water. I shit you not, that is it.

I like fish becasue I like fish tanks it's like the discovery channel in your living room.

I love to ride horses.

I think dolphins are magestic, but killer whales have to take the cake.

Oh yeah sharks and turtles are endangered species and I'm doing everything I can to support them.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've heard that de-scented skunks make great pets. I mean, if they weren't smelly, wouldn't they be adorable?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like pigs, apparently they are super smart!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I've heard that de-scented skunks make great pets. I mean, if they weren't smelly, wouldn't they be adorable?
    Yeh skunks are very cute. We don't have them here, but when I was in Canada there were these two skunks that lived close to my brother's house they came up to me really close one day and started to play. My bro was watching from a distance, he was terrified. Somehow, I always thought they smelled more disgusting than they did. They smelled a bit of gasoline or something like that.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I like all animals and have had great success with the pets I have had over the years.

The easiest pet to care for was a snake... the most loyal a dog... the most playful was a 5 year old neutered cat who even walked on a leash in public...

The most interesting though was a fox I raised up from a cub. They giggle like a hyena, whine like a pup, and have eyes like a cat. Oh, and they literally climb the walls like a cat.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ooooooooh, a fox, that would be sweet. They're about cat-sized, some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    Probably bears. Especially polar bears. I had a 100 page book full of glossy color photos of polar bears when I was 10 or so and I used to look at it every day.

Housepets, I'd go with cats. I'm not a fan of ferrets. They DO smell like pee, and one bit me on the ear once.
    Well I got bit by a bear on my leg...twice...I got away from her and she dragged me back. Somebody finally got me a hammer. I tried being nice and using the handle to pry her mouth open...that didn't work...she lost 6 teeth. Of course after I was healed up then I had to sedate her and fix her damned mouth...keep in mind she had a hold of me for a good 20 minutes. I had enough of that shit....I'm not that mean but I don't have to be a nice guy forever. She chewed up and down my foot and ankle. And I'm serious. I stopped the bleeding enough to go and fix her before I went to the emergency room. I did that dental work on one leg.

I gotta go with a Camel. While I do love tigers, camels are easier to keep. They are more intelligent than horses, will live about anywhere and are easy to maintain. Not to mention if you find one that has a good personality they are as loyal as a dog.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Ooooooooh, a fox, that would be sweet. They're about cat-sized, some of them.
    You would think that... but... they're mischievous little thieves who have no qualms about jumping up on the table and running off with a chicken leg or two.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Well I got bit by a bear on my leg...twice...
    Did you call the same girl fat, twice?

Cats DO have a personality contrary to what most of you think. The thing is that their personality is BITCH. They stand just out of reach of you, so that you have to go to them to pet em. Dogs on the other hand come right up, wagging their tail and have loyalty.

Yellow Labs are my favorite animal....this Labradoodle I have is pretty cool, but its no pure bred lab. He's a rodeo and a bear rolled into one.

P.S. Anyone put their animals on LEASHES?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    Did you call the same girl fat, twice?

Cats DO have a personality contrary to what most of you think. The thing is that their personality is BITCH. They stand just out of reach of you, so that you have to go to them to pet em. Dogs on the other hand come right up, wagging their tail and have loyalty.

Yellow Labs are my favorite animal....this Labradoodle I have is pretty cool, but its no pure bred lab. He's a rodeo and a bear rolled into one.

P.S. Anyone put their animals on LEASHES?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
    Cats are strong willed and independent like men.

Dogs are submissive and dependent like women.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Flamboyant, bitchy gay men, sure.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post

Dogs are submissive and dependent like women.

And as time goes by... men become more like dogs and women more like cats... funny how life works out that way.

- James Allen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast