+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GF has slept with a LOT of guys

Hey, it beats having your gf tell you all her exes lasted longer than you (*raises hang *)

When it comes to number of partners, women tend to "underestimate" their total, while guys tend to "overestimate" their total. So normally, her "30" would actually be more like 45, while your "15" would be more like 5. But I'm sure the two of you are being quite honest about this.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Only 15? Psh...lightweight.

you can either look past it or not. it's cool that she was honest, i would think that she told you because she cares about you. if you can't live it down, and it will always be in the back of your mind, then do her a favor and move on to the next girl. it will only teach her that being honest with you will bring problems and she'll be more inclined to hide things from you and lie. like i said, if you love her, than forget about her sexual past and DO NOT hold it against her in the future. if you can't see yourself getting past this, then you definitely need to move on...
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

i feel like guys are always more judgmental about girls' sexual history than about their own or than girls are about guys'- just in my own opinion, i kind of think that she shouldn't have told you for that reason- in a relationship, neither the guy or girl feel obligated to reveal a lot about number of past partners/relationships unless directly relevant to the situation or if they have an std or something that would affect theiru current sex life. fyi, for all the comments about stds, someone who only slept with 1 person but had unprotected sex is more likely to contract something than someone who has always practiced safe sex with multiple partners.
    *but* since it's too late for her to not tell you....other people, including me, can tell you that her past shouldn't matter, that it should only matter how she is with you, but it kind of sounds like you're going to have trouble getting this information out of your mind and are going to hold it against her, and if that's true it would be better for both of you to end the relationship...

I agree with Charlie Boy. You can look past this if you really want to.
    Spammer Spanker

"a bit of a slut"? as in.."a few?" LOL. I dunno how this whole honesty thing works between the two of you, but be sure that when a woman decide`s to tell you that she`s had a mouth full of cocks, honesty is not the first thing on her mind. Think about it for a sec, do you think she told you all this without a reason? Besides, I don`t know what about you, but I would never want to know the exact number of lovers a woman might have.
    Last edited by Caleb; 15-06-10 at 02:10 AM.

Maybe she didn't want him to hear it from anyone else.
    Spammer Spanker

Obviously. That was my first assumption. However, its better for guys to hear about this kinda stuff from other guys because then he will have someone else to blame or hold responsible (regardless of the reality of the situation itself). Its weird, I know, but its a guy thing and it helps us sleep better at night. Not knowing the exact numbers can be a wonderful thing. Maybe her intentions were good, but she has made a costly mistake. Besides, every person which has basic common sense knows that woman sleep around just as much as guys do (if not more so), but this lovely illusion of chastity is what keep`s a guy going. What I am trying to say is that I find it hard to believe that someone her age can be that clueless. Though come to think of it, there is a possibility that this is the case. She aint a genius.
    Last edited by Caleb; 15-06-10 at 02:30 AM.

At some point, you want to back away from full disclosure.

How many partners? Okay, maybe.
    Names? No, that's probably a bad idea.
    Phone numbers? Definitely not.
    Blow by blow descriptions of the sex? Terrible idea, unless that kind of thing really turns you on.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

If she's anything like me when it comes to this, she's easily guilted about 'hiding' things. I'm big into honesty as well, and if I had a past like that, I'd feel bad about hiding it as well. Whether I'd tell-all or not, who knows, never been in that situation. Thing is, she told the truth, probably trying to release any weight she feels about OP not knowing about her. going by what OP said, she isn't like that any more, and feels bad. Why make a big deal over it?

Oh geez. I get this weird feeling every time I read a post like this. This sort of stuff either bothers a guy tremendously, or not at all. If you ever imagine 30 guys being naked with her, and doing everything that you are doing with her, and it bothers you, then it will always bother you...
    If you honestly don't care about it, then you wouldn't be posting this. You might be blinded by love now, but once you settle in the relationship, you will always think about the 30 guys. Sorry.

Think I agree with Giga. Word travels and she has probably told him and before he hears about it from someone else. Having slept with 30 guys, I can imagine she has gained quite a reputation among the guys as being a 'good thing'. Guys talk and it will only take the OP to tell a certain guy who he is seeing and that guy might say 'Oh, I've been with her too and so has my mate'....

As for 15 girls at 25...., I knew guys who have had more than 15 at that age. But 15 is still quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    Obviously. That was my first assumption. However, its better for guys to hear about this kinda stuff from other guys because then he will have someone else to blame or hold responsible (regardless of the reality of the situation itself). Its weird, I know, but its a guy thing and it helps us sleep better at night. Not knowing the exact numbers can be a wonderful thing. Maybe her intentions were good, but she has made a costly mistake. Besides, every person which has basic common sense knows that woman sleep around just as much as guys do (if not more so), but this lovely illusion of chastity is what keep`s a guy going. What I am trying to say is that I find it hard to believe that someone her age can be that clueless. Though come to think of it, there is a possibility that this is the case. She aint a genius.
    Costly mistake? If a guy is that much bothered by her sexual history then more like good riddance.

Giga is right about the obvious, xxazurexx. That`s true. I even said so myself. However, I think that it would be better if he found out about it through someone else. Your thinking about it from a woman`s point of view, which in this case might be the wrong way to go at it. Your thinking about the correct way to go at and the logical turn of event`s, instead of the final outcome. I agree that, yes, the truth should indeed come out in the best possible way. However, because she has told him about it, she has put him in a position were he no longer has a refuge for his thoughts. If he would have found out about it through a guy, he would have another person to blame, instead of his GF. 30 people, in fact. Its a guy thing, it takes the "edge" off the ordeal. When it comes to guys you must take into consideration that in some cases knowing the truth heads on might not be as effective as him finding out of it. See, if he find`s out about the whole thing from a third part, he would have considered it as being less of a threat because if it comes from her mouth, it make`s her seem more open to suggestion then she might actually be. In simple words, its like saying: "if I talk about it, it means it bothers me. It posses a problem". From a guys point of view, she is reviving the past. By doing this, she has made the problem a lot worse then it actually is, putting her is a position were she is not likely to be trusted..

You probably disagree with me on this one, but as a guy, I can tell you that he will never look pass those impressive number`s now. It bother`s him more then he will admit here. Besides, the OP wanted all sorts of feedback's. Well, this is mine. And if you ask me, the OP is asking the wrong question, in the right place. He shouldn't ask woman what they think about sluts, most woman hate woman, he should ask them if they think that she can be trusted. Oh, and Iceblue, most guys care about those things. I guess that`s why woman often lie about them. Do you really think that "30" is only "30"? I`m glad she`s not my problem. But I know that if he wasn't bothered by it, he wouldn't talk about it. But I do agree with you that they are probably not right for each other.
    Last edited by Caleb; 15-06-10 at 08:29 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast