+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I give up???

Hmm.. what do you talk about when you're golfing? Is there any flirting?

If I were you, I wouldn't ask him why he hasn't invited you-- it's a weird thing to ask and puts him in an awkward spot.

As it stands now.. you can either back off and see if he takes an initiative, or you can try asking him to something other than golf. I got the vibe that he may see you as a golf buddy or just not want to turn down the opportunity to play.

After our 3rd golfing outing, we grab a bite to eat. By the way, he always pays for dinner. Anyways, on his 2nd beer, he did ask me if I wanted to golf. I thought it was funny that he had to be on his 2nd beer before he could ask me to golf. Or it could just be a coincidence.

Just to let you know, we both are not in our 20's or 30's. I really don't want to mess this up. He's a real easy person to talk with and I'm feeling more comfortable with him.

Shouldn't a person know if someone is interested in them if they have done several things together within a month? I really think he knows I am interested in him because our mutual friend asked him that I asked if he was single. I thought that would be a really big hint.

How about tell him what you feel.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ed604 View Post
    How about tell him what you feel.
    I'm not sure if I feel comfortable in doing that. If I tell him how I feel, then he might not want to golf with me anymore and then he may be uncomfortable as well.

Maybe one of the poster is right about him just wanting a golfing buddy.

We are golfing this weekend again, however, I am starting to give up and even may just stop golfing with him all together because of the fact he's not interested in me. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope09 View Post
    I'm not sure if I feel comfortable in doing that. If I tell him how I feel, then he might not want to golf with me anymore and then he may be uncomfortable as well.

Maybe one of the poster is right about him just wanting a golfing buddy.

We are golfing this weekend again, however, I am starting to give up and even may just stop golfing with him all together because of the fact he's not interested in me. Oh well.
    Why don't you ask him on a date, you know, something that doesn't involve golf, golfing, or talking about golf at all?

And, because a man isn't interested in you romantically you have to stop golfing with him? Are you that hung up on yourself about feeling rejected? That's kind of silly don't you think?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

just because you feel it now, doesn't mean he feels it now. wait it out. talk to him, but don't pressure it.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Ask him golfing again.... except put it to him straight..

1. There's balls, greens, hole and a driver involved but there's no club house.

2. 18 is a low number in your estimation

3. Like the other poster said, clothes make you feel nervous, and you do your best nude.

4. Tell him that you're not into putters, but prefer the wood on the soft pitch.

LOL Doc, that's pretty awesome.

Lady, if you threw those lines at him, he would definitely think you were one cool ass chick.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    And, because a man isn't interested in you romantically you have to stop golfing with him? Are you that hung up on yourself about feeling rejected? That's kind of silly don't you think?
    I don't think its silly. That's like you going up to a woman and saying "hey I am interested i you" and she saying "I don't feel the same way". Are you saying you wouldn't feel uncomfortable? Don't you think she would too?

I don't want to lose a golfing buddy, however at the same time, I kind of feel bothered by he's not interested in me like I am of him. Is that not so bad?

Well, we have been golfing more often and he does invite me to golf, however, I'm just disappointed that maybe that's all he wants is just a golf buddy.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    After our 3rd golfing outing, we grab a bite to eat. By the way, he always pays for dinner. Anyways, on his 2nd beer, he did ask me if I wanted to golf. I thought it was funny that he had to be on his 2nd beer before he could ask me to golf. Or it could just be a coincidence.
    Tell him while you enjoy the golf, you are really looking for a reverse hole-in-one?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Way Kinky...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    4. Tell him that you're not into putters, but prefer the wood on the soft pitch.
    This was pretty good too, I thought.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Well, we have been golfing more often and he does invite me to golf, however, I'm just disappointed that maybe that's all he wants is just a golf buddy.
    Well maybe it loosened him up a little.. who knows.

Not all guys jump immediately onto a woman, even if she shows interest.

He may be a slow putter, who takes his time and first checks the stability of the green.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, last week when we went golfing, he actually put his hand on my shoulder and said "just relax, you will have a good golf game". And the in the middle of the golf round (I think we were on the 13th tee) he leans against me and says "I need to lean against you so I can have the sun hit on my ankles to get a tan". (he doesn't have a tan around his ankles). I really thought that was weird that he leaned against me and said that. And the he puts his hand on my shoulder again and says "just relax, your golf game will come around". Am I reading into this?

I really like this guy and the more times we golf, the more I like him. Help!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast