Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    this made me laugh!
    Well I'm glad that did and not this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    plus Nebraska has me! Can't go wrong ^_^

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    LESSON OF THE DAY

A required course for my major is Life Management Skills.

W...T...F...?

I mean, who thinks this shit up?

I wanted to skip the first two days of class - I had a rough summer, so I wanted an extension. I e-mailed my professor:

Professor ______, I regret to inform you that I will not be attending the first two days of class. I have an important family reunion to attend. I hope you understand.

[I]Her Reply: Skills in life management is an important class. What you learn from this class, you will use in the rest of your professional life. I
    Your professor is simply justifying her existance. Riduculous sounding course, I agree, but then I never took anything other than science courses if I could help it.

I probably shouldn't encourage you, but I feel a good intolerance for stupidity is an even better life skill than your course:

I almost got kicked out of my graduate program b/c I refused to go to the required course: logical ethics. The person teaching it was a philosopher who had no idea about practical issues in medicine & science. I did, however, go to the first 2 lectures to make sure that I wasn't making a mistake. In the end, my own supervisor (a Harvard MD researcher--no ding-dong) agreed w/me; told me to just do the minimum i needed for the credit and to focus on other stuff meantime. I brought a book to read & sat in the back. I still graduated and did fine and so will you.

It is not true that anything you do is worth doing well. Somethings are to be gotten through as quickly as possible. Wisdom is knowing which is which.

Quote Originally Posted by indigosoul
    Your professor is simply justifying her existance. Riduculous sounding course, I agree, but then I never took anything other than science courses if I could help it.

I probably shouldn't encourage you, but I feel a good intolerance for stupidity is an even better life skill than your course:

I almost got kicked out of my graduate program b/c I refused to go to the required course: logical ethics. The person teaching it was a philosopher who had no idea about practical issues in medicine & science. I did, however, go to the first 2 lectures to make sure that I wasn't making a mistake. In the end, my own supervisor (a Harvard MD researcher--no ding-dong) agreed w/me; told me to just do the minimum i needed for the credit and to focus on other stuff meantime. I brought a book to read & sat in the back. I still graduated and did fine and so will you.

It is not true that anything you do is worth doing well. Somethings are to be gotten through as quickly as possible. Wisdom is knowing which is which.
    wow, i totally agree

nice post!

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    oooh goodness, Rsk what will you come up with next???

this happened last night............

it was about 8pm saturday night...

...I had NO plans.

My roomates had some friends over, who brought some beer with them, to our apartment...

..we all started drinking, then we drank some MORE, and after that, kept drinking

after hour of debate, my roomates friend decided to drive to the club... he was the least wasted amongst us all.

i told a roomate that i needed to be back by 1am, because i had A LOT of stuff to do the next morning... he told me not to worry...

...well, it was 3 am and we were still there, and i was getting PISSED OFF!!!

i couldn't drive, but the 'driver' didn't take me home, we went to an 'after party' to someone elses place.

I almost got in a fight with my roomate, and i was SO PISSED that i walked home with my 'other' roomate...

and RIGHT when we got home, it was 5 am. 5 minutes later, the someone knocks on the door - it was the garbage man. he tells me to tie my trash bags properly, or he won't take them in..... i'm like, wtf!!! but i do it anyway...

it's about 5:30 am, and i planned to get up at 8:00am, that's when i set my alarm clock. i decided to just pull an all-nighter, and just try and skip a day of sleep, and just return to normal the following day..........

.........then, the asswipe roomate and his friends got back, and kept me up anyway, they watched tv LOUD, and were obnoxious as HECK!!!!!

all of a sudden, i hear this PAINFULL noise in my left ear: BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP...........it's awefull!

I look over my left shoulder, and notice the alarm clock Flashing....8 AM !!!!!

it was ALL a dream!!! the only thing that happened, was that i drank a bit with my roomates and some other people - but i didn't go out, i stayed in the apartment!!!!

And I slept like a LOG! probably was the BEST sleep I've EVER had!

I was REALLY pissed off and frustrated during my DREAM, but when i got up at 8 am this morning, i thought to myself, NO F'N WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and then, i walked into the dinning room, were my roomates and friends were still playing poker at 8 in the morning, probably after returning from the club...

i just wanted to share this with you guys, i thought it was pretty funny....
    Last edited by RSK; 26-02-06 at 08:04 PM.

Tone Guest
    LoL that's crazy.

I leave my alarm on durin the weekend, just because I like getting up... thinkin for a minute I have to go to work... and then realizing it's the weekend and I can go right back to sleep.

I wonder if your dream had anything to do with mine... I had a dream I was helping someone exorcise demons out of people. It was nuts. I woke up at exactly 5:55a mid-dream and I was like... whoa... add 1 and it would be... 666... then I fell back asleep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12