+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just don't find my girlfriend attractive...

In my opinion if you are not attracted to her then maybe she is not the right girl for you. This doesn't make you shallow but when you love someone you find them attractive no matter what. My ex's who were in love with me didn't care when I didn't wear makeup or woke up after a heavy night with mascara down my face and bags under my eyes because they loved me and thought I was beautiful no matter what. Also when I look back on my ex who I was madly in love with I can see that he had some physical flaws such as being overweight but at the time I was still totally attracted to him because I loved him and thought he was beautiful and I thought his beer belly was adorable although to others i've spoken too it wasn't. Anyway what i'm saying is that in my opinion because of my personal experience I think that if you are not attracted to her the way she is then you may not be in love with her and there is probably someone else out there that would love her just the way she is. I'm not saying give up on her, maybe things will improve but she should not have to wear makeup to look attractive to you the attraction should be natural.

Give her a coupon for a free make-over for her birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by brittany
    This doesn't make you shallow but when you love someone you find them attractive no matter what.
    That's the woman's take on things. Men can love someone and yet not find them attractive.

Since women want their men to find them attractive, then their partner's loving them isn't enough!

I agree this isn't the right girl for him, though. Guys, you should never start dating someone you don't find attractive -- or situations like this will arise down the road.

If you can't be with the one you love..

Love the one you're with..

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    if he loves the inside of her then he should be able to see past the outside. otherwise if he wasn't physically attracted to her he should not have continued dating her in the first place.
    It looked like to me the guy was physically attracted to his gf, but either two things have happened. His gf doesn't take the steps to make her self good looking when they meet. Or he wants her to have a new look. As far as seeing past the outside, I disagree with this somewhat. Unless the bond between two people is so strong, physical looks come into play. When it comes to human matting physical attraction is apart of our nature. If it is not there then our matting side makes us to not want to mate with our partner.

how would you like it if your girlfriend didn't find you physically attractive? personally i'd feel like shit if my bf felt that way and went online to figure out what to do about it. and if he came and told me something like, "you should try wearing makeup" because if i didn't he probably wouldn't want to have sex with me i would probably want to cry.
    It really depends really. If I have been letting my looks go and my gf or wife said this as a wake up call. I'll most probably not be that upset actually. But if they lost their physical attraction then I would most probably not be happy. But sometimes you need to spice up or throw in curve balls into a relationship.

frankly i think this guy is impressionable and watches too much tv or reads too many magazines where the girls are really beautiful and he expects all girls to look that way. why else would he have posted pics of her and asked us to rate her. do you really think if he truly cared about her he would care what any of us have to say about her physical appearance? i doubt it.
    I agree with you. A lot of guys and girls are influnce what is good looking and what is not good looking. Most ads today that you see have some sort of sex theme in them. Why? Becuase sex sales to both females and males, more to males tho. As far as him going as far as posting a picture of his gf here, I don't think he should have done it, but he did it anyway.

so i stand by my statement, flame at will.
    Why would I flame when you have a logic agruement and one I basically agree with? I am just confused thats all.

i doubt he was physically attracted to her in the first place.

i find it difficult to tell people about their appearance to.There is a guy i know who likes me,we are only friends though,and i think he suits his hair better short and with no facial hair,but someties he grows it long and had a goatee.I dont think he suits it

I personally take care of my appearance,and dont like it if people let themselves go too much,but it is up to them
    Last edited by bethfromEngland; 26-10-07 at 08:48 AM.

This is like a sitcom episode..

Way I see it, honestly, your screwed. Try taking it up with her, like hinting you want her to change is probably going to make her explode all over your face and make a mess of a scene. I do not have a hint for you except for my opinion on that suggestion.

If I did I would tell you to go and say it streight out to her. Totally honest. And dead on, not some silly hints.

I don't think there is a NICE way to say it. Sorry.

Good luck!

Your gf has great personality and potentially good looks if she put some effort into her hair, makeup and clothes?

So are you not afraid that she will improve her looks, become as shallow as you are, and realize that she is now dating beneath herself.

I'm waiting for your next post, that the ungrateful biyatch that you molded into a '10' dumped you.

By the way, you must have been somewhat attracted to her, or you wouldn't have stayed with her for 6 months. Why the change of heart?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Look at the date of the thread you simpletons.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I was wondering where all these strange members were coming from

Tedel Guest
    I think that the best strategy would be to start praising the little things you find nice in her look. A complete set of "you look great in those jeans" and "I love when you loose your hair like that" and she will very likely start paying attention to her own appearance and making changes.

It's the most effective without hurting her feelings. Women are born vain, never forget that. Moreover, I think that one of the secrets for an eternal love is telling your girl she looks beautiful even if she looks like a ball... hahaha... just kidding, of course.

lol english majors not making money. you need to come to my school, often considered the top business school in the world, where the girls are rich, hot, competitive, and are all-around business-ho's.

But again, business-ho's aren't for everyone. For one, they are pretty shallow. But again, some girls are just too deep they scare you sometimes... you try dating a career violist.

This Thread Is Ancient

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Best laugh of my day! Ahahahaha!! Thanks CB!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast