+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheating...

I think cheating is hardly ever about the person they're with, or even the person they're cheating with. It's about their own issues with commitment, and respect for their SO.

I don't feel that I've ever cheated on anyone. Last year, I slept with someone else while legally married, but I had told my husband we were through and he was very clear about that. It wasn't graceful, but it wasn't cheating (in my book).

As far as I know, nobody has ever cheated on me. I can only imagine what it must feel like. So hurtful.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
    Arghhh...I knew I should have kept my mouth shut...lol

Why would you think someone would cheat? (I'm almost afraid to ask)
    Lack of happiness with your significant other may sometimes play a role, but usually it is just about lacking character and self control, in my opinion.

I had a long term boyfriend who was a cheater back in the day. I have never cheated, though...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I have never cheated on anyone and don't imagine I ever will.
    But I generally don't think that people cheat because they're unhappy with the person they're commited to - however, that may be part of it. I think often women use that a lot "I was unhappy with our relationship, I needed compassion and attention" etc, but I wouldn't say it's the only reason.
    It's about chance, opportunity, lack of self-control, a "rush" and sometimes people are just selfish.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I think cheating is hardly ever about the person they're with, or even the person they're cheating with. It's about their own issues with commitment, and respect for their SO.

I don't feel that I've ever cheated on anyone. Last year, I slept with someone else while legally married, but I had told my husband we were through and he was very clear about that. It wasn't graceful, but it wasn't cheating (in my book).

As far as I know, nobody has ever cheated on me. I can only imagine what it must feel like. So hurtful.
    I agree it isn't about the person their with and it is about themselves.

Vash that all ties together, lack of control and character does have to do with the person but that person obviouly hasn't found happiness within themselves which in turn reflects on whom they date as well.. Saying if they don't respect themselves, they don't respect other's.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
    I agree it isn't about the person their with and it is about themselves.

Vash that all ties together, lack of control and character does have to do with the person but that person obviouly hasn't found happiness within themselves which in turn reflects on whom they date as well.. Saying if they don't respect themselves, they don't respect other's.
    I disagree. I think people who are serial cheaters are often perfectly happy with themselves.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You mean obsessed with themselves.

we didn't clarify if we were talking about serial cheaters, or just cheating in general, so that's my fault...

But I still think someone who is cheating is disrespecting the other person, and not respecting themselves. But then again it depends on the type of person they are like you said earlier. Some want to have both worlds, and other's are looking for something else.
    Last edited by Rosebud; 07-09-06 at 11:20 PM.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Why do you ask...did you cheat?!

My bf cheated on me...it destroyed me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12